Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Premium Member
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished LA from 11 to 4 with a new friend.

Fished about half the lake.

Water temp was from 61.4 to 63
( temps in the shallow cuts were higher of course.)

Water has cleared a lot from the floods and drawdown. Visibility about 4' Green color.

Wind was strong.

Fishing was tough. Mainly went with Senko's and moving baits.

I landed 4 with the big one about 2 lbs.

Fishing should get better in about 2-3 weeks. IMO ;D

EA

· Registered
993 Posts
Bit of a difference from port-a-boat guiding ;) Hopefully your new friend wasn't expecting any of that action. I'm looking forward to hitting up LA again; Are the fish starting to move shallow yet?

· Registered
587 Posts
Fishing wasn't too poor for me. Caught all fish off of docks or shallow cover. Skipped beavers under docks that had at least 4 fow at the end. Was going to crank some ledges because I could not get any females to bite. Maybe later in the week. I caught 8 fish all keepers best 5 was about 12-13 lbs. Not great for the lake, but I'll take it. No bites on the jerkbait, shallow crank, or spinnerbait.

· Registered
788 Posts
I hate LA, it kicks my butt everytime. Was out for a short time today, didn't even get a bite. Saw EA and was jelous for his few fish.

This is why I wakeboard out there.

Unless the frog bite is on!!! Swamp DONKIIIEEESSSS!!!

(is that it EA?)

· Premium Member
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Swamp Donkiiiiieesss is right. Hope that comes back this summer ( call George at Geneva for all you Swamp Donkiiiiieeeee needs ) Shameless plug for a great sponsor.

I am very concerned about the grass this year. There is none. I will be surprised to see it come back.. I hope I am wrong.

As soon as it gets going, 10 million carp are going to eat on it.

Oh well, you fish what they give ya.

First time out on LA since rolling in the Port-A-bote. If it were not for the 70+ mph thrills, would again question the rig in the garage. :p

Whatever, LA is not a lake to love or hate on 1 trip or even 5 trips. Got to spend some time with her.. talk nice, speak softly, eventually LOVE... ;D

EA

· Registered
476 Posts
I have been managing nothing but dinks evertime i have been out the last two weeks. The water temp has come up. I was there saturday and it was only 56-58 degrees.

I know exactley what you are talking about on the grass. oh well just have to wait and see.

· Registered
10,147 Posts
Based on what you'all are saying about LA, TPWD needs to update their website about Lake Austin bass fishing recommendations:

"Largemouth bass anglers should concentrate their efforts in and along the edges of weed beds that line the shoreline. "

"Lake Austin contains abundant submerged aquatic vegetation (Eurasian watermilfoil and hydrilla)."

"Aquatic Vegetation
Watermilfoil, hydrilla and pondweed"

I would think that mid to late March, into April, the bass should be in pre-spawn mode...

I hope to fish it in mid-April or so...(Right when the skiers are making there showing)

· Registered
24 Posts
Fished 8 - 11 or so as well, and it sounds about the same.

h2o was about 60 when i was out there. Fished shallow but seemed a bit early for it

Best fish was 3lbs with some dinks thrown in. I think we pulled out right when the wind picked up. It was killer out there when we were there. Good seeing you EA - fishing would have been better if you had the porte boat for sure.

· Registered
528 Posts
on now where the trailer so we can leave it all put together

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.