Bass Fishing Forum banner

41 - 60 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Chad,
Sorry to hear this...Especially when you are out having fun, now worried if your call is broken into or stolen!

I have already talked to my fishing buddy at DPS about this..In fact I told them to look at this posting on ABF.

There are several APD guys that are on this fishing forum, too.......I am not a commissioned officer, just been doing business with the local law enforcement for over 20 years....Taught crime scene photography, etc....Just know a lot of people in the law enforcement community.....

Gene, from DPS, was going to forward this to his guys at Travis County Sheriff, too..

Call me anytime at 423-4378...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
The officer that was on the scene was super nice and did an incident report for me. But, basically what can you do? Luckily it was just a broken window. Still 200 bucks though and now I'm going to be sweating my truck/trailer anytime I launch at 360 ramp. :-/

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
Re: Lake Austin 11/5.. Beware!!!license

ABF'ers,

Also, if you are not the type to pack heat, or snap a heavy action rod across someones face, you do have a cell phone.. Call 911 when you see the suspects down there.

This is our lake and we need to stand up and kick some thugs A$$..

Those guys that hang under the bridge on Sat nights with Coke bottle poles.. hmm.... I bet they do not have a license. That is illegal. It takes a second to call and report activity you do not think is right.

I am chill now.  ;D

EA

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I agree and from the sounds of it I'm not the only one this has happened to down there. And I highly doubt that any other fisherman, boater, or anyone that is there with a boat would do any harm to anyone or anyone's property. I for one will watch more closely now and be more aware of my surroundings.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Sorry to hear about your truck, bunch of freaking lazy low-lifes!

I'd be careful parking at Fiesta Gardens also. Had my stereo and a tackle box stolen out of my 91 Accord last year at 2:30pm while I was fishing about 10 yards away. Didn't hear a thing!

·
Registered
300 Posts
That SUCKS. Sorry to hear about the break in.
The worst part is that there will always be wondering and doubt, in the back of your mind, every time you park there from now on.

Nice fish, by the way!

- - -Bob

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
All I need is a video camera, a bait car, some camo and someone else to go with me incase something goes down :mad:

Chris

Lets take these mother suckers out :mad:

·
Banned
5,460 Posts
EA is right on, don't be afraid to dial up the fuzz, the heaviest patroled places are the ones that get the most calls, pretty simple.

Also, 311 is the non emergency number for APD, feel free to call it anytime just to report something suspicious or if something doesn't feel right. I have called it a few times down here in south central LA...I mean Austin, they are usually there in 15 minutes or so. ;D

Just make sure you call them on the way out so they don't notice the empties in the cooler ;D

·
Registered
70 Posts
This is our lake and we need to stand up and kick some thugs A$$..
I,m with EA we all need to watch out for one another. I can't stand thiefs.
You would think with the 10 dollars per boat to launch they would put some Video Surveillance in or how about just a sign. You would be surprised how well that works.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I'm with ya Chris. I'll hold the videocam while you kick their azz's ;D I'll back ya up, way back...
That would be a good video to put on the new video section of ABF.

Sorry to hear about the window, but it could happen anywhere you go these days. Even in your own driveway. It just sucks that society is the way it is today. I remember growing up with the doors and windows open all day and over night. You didn't have to worry about problems back then. No way today. I double check ALL doors before I leave home or go to sleep. No windows open either.

I hate to hear something like this happens to good people, but at the same time, it doesn't suprise me :mad:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Yep I hear ya and thanks for all the posts!! I'm just glad that all I am out is a window! I couldn't imagine sitting on the lake with no truck or trailer!! :eek: A guy will be by in the morning to replace the glass. What a pain it was to try and get all that glass out of the truck though. That stuff was everywhere.

Just be on the lookout if your launching early or late or anytime for that matter. I sure appreciate the guys finding me on the water and calling the police for me. There are alot of good folks out there, but there are a few bad as well.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
I had it happen to me about two years ago and your right the glass gets everywhere, You will be finding glass for about another year because of those SOB'S. Sorry again Chad but you are lucky that they did not take your truck, You can just say think you to God for that one.

IMO I think God trys to teach us a lesson sometimes (Not saying that this is one of them). About a year ago my bother was having money problems and yet he went out and got a new CD player. A week later his truck got broke into and they took his new Cd player, so what does he do? Of corse he goes and gets another one, Then two weeks after that his turck got broke into again and they took the 2nd new CD player. The reason I tell this story is because, When I asked him if he was mad? He told me no. I said why not? He told me that he should not be spending money on CD players while he is having money problems and that he thinks that God was teaching him a lesson. After he quit spending money on things that he did not really need, He got a really good job and is making more money then he ever has in his life. Of corse all of this is just IMO.

Chris

·
Administrator
1,527 Posts
Before i move out to the lake, i used to note the wierd things you'd see at the ramp at 4 or 5am in the morning, both at Walsh and 360. Seems like both spots are havens for "what the heck is that car doing there". Suspect that alot of that stuff is prostitution at 360, and used to see alot of dudes hanging around walsh at 4am.
After Chad's deal today, it reminded me of some funny stuff that i'd see at the golf course parking lot. Similar things, bad guys figure you are gone for at least 2 to 5 hours. The funny side is that leading up to tournaments, I go over to the golf course at lunch to grab a burger and work on my putting during the lunch hour. There's a pretty hard core group of golfers that do this pretty regular. We stick out wearing shirts and ties and dress shoes, and pretty much know each other. But every once in a while you see the guy in dress clothes parking his car.....the girl / secretary / not the wife parking her car next to his car, and they drive off in the third car :eek:. Or they don't drive off, and just hang out there, so to speak......hope i didn't bust anybody's scheme ;D

·
Registered
435 Posts
Ranger188, that sucks big time. I hope the folks get everything they have coming to them. I don't fish LA much anymore, but I used to worry more about putting in early at Quinlan than 360... not now.

Airfob, don't tell me you were in your car when it was "decorated."

·
Registered
153 Posts
As hard as a man works for the things he has and some [email protected]#^*** comes along and tears up stuff and tries to steal something. Kinda makes your blood boil. Anyone who would steal from a Bass Fisherman while he is fishing WILL FEEL THE HAND of the almighty.

41 - 60 of 114 Posts