Bass Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
If people are paying $10 to put there boat in down there, You would think they would have a security officer or something down there to keep this form happening. Sorry to hear about your truck Chad, I left you a V-mail on your phone about a glass repair shop before I had read the rest of the post.

Chris

P.S. Nice fish

·
Registered
125 Posts
Nice fish. Sorry to hear about your truck. Austin didn't used to be like this. It really kills me to hear stories like that. There should be a no loitering law at 360 and from the sounds of it they need to due a little sting operation down there. Absolutely unacceptable to be forced to watch a bunch of thugs vandilize your car because they want to and think the police wont do anything. We should get one of the guys on the forum whos an officer to help us bait the bastards and then send them off to where they belong ;D. I would truly love to watch them get hauled off to jail.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Quinlan is more off the beaten path and it's free to launch there.

You'd think that for a $10 launch fee that they could install some video/surveillance equipment under the bridge. Might discourage this kind of BS, as well as help catch the trash that does this kind of stuff.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Tony is Robert a police officer? Or Robert, are you a police officer? I rememeber you saying you had a tournament with the APD?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hookem said:
What is it that we get for paying $10 for launching?
All I ever wanted since the entry fee was imposed was a crapper that wasn't able to be tipped over when occupied... aka a regular brick and mortar restroom! :mad:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Robert has friends/business associates that are in different branches of law enforcement I believe. Robert actually sells microscopes and what not, so I would assume that the people he knows are in forensics.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Yea I had a guy in a Champion (white) stop buy and ask if
I knew the guy in the dark colored Ranger with the black truck. It made me think how there are some good people in this world and they all happen to be Bass Fishermen! ;D

Sorry about the window but good thing you did not have a couple of spare rods stashed in the truck.

I fished mid lake and only managed two, one of which was 12" and the other a 6-7lb toad I pulled from the only patch of matted grass between the Hula Hut and city park. I caught my big fish on a copper colored SPRO Frog in November! I think that might be the last frog fish of the year for me? ???

·
Registered
23 Posts
Another thing to think about when something like this happens is the fact that this type of damage is covered under the comprehensive portion of your auto insurance. I lowered my comp deductible to $0 years ago for crap like this. It won't raise your rates much either. I had a break in where they ripped the whole dash apart trying to get out a $200 radio. The repair bill was in excess of $2500! What I paid....nada!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Nice Catch!! ;D The fish I was catching today were all in 10 plus feet of water and all came on a T-rigged Senko.

I got several waves as I was flying back to the boat ramp with all my lil 150 could give me. Not the 'Hello' wave but the 'Something needs your attention wave!' I just waved back and nodded and seeing that I was on the last 2 inches of my Pad I guess they figured I had heard the news!

·
Registered
480 Posts
The_Bass_Man said:
I got all of the camo for it ;D Who's in?

Chris
My dad has a full sniper camo suit ;)

As for the concealed hand gun, if I remember correctly there are no weapons allowed in Travis count parks

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
It sucks that this happened to his truck but are any of you really surprised that it did? Petty theft and vandalism can happen anywhere.

Sting operation or surveillance equiptment over a broken window ??? Try growing up in Houston...the police actually yawn as they are taking down info for their reports for a drive by shooting or car jacking. Wish I could find that photo of my car back in the day with nine bullet holes in the hood and five in the door, needless to say the perps were incredibly bad marksmen.

Also, this is a wake up call for those who try to save the $10.00 and park outside the parking lot, the chances of someone breaking into or vandalizing your vehicle are greatly increased in the areas surrounding the ramp. I'm not saying it happens a lot and everyone should be paranoid but it does happen.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I was fully in the parking lot! Bought their annual pass but alot of good it did to park under the light even! :-/

·
Banned
5,460 Posts
as for the concealed hand gun. If i remeber corectly there are no weopons allowed in travis count parks
Hence the word "concealed"...

And my auto spell checker just exploded when I included your quote in my message ;D

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
I'm sure you were Chad, I'm just giving a heads up to the guys that like to park their vehicles outside.

I've come back many times after dark from the Hut to drop people back off and find their cars were broken into while parked in the overflow area or along the street.

After my car was broken into twice I bought an older Blazer just to tow my boat, I felt better about parking it at 360 for several hours after dark.

Again, sorry this happened today but like Grnhead said at least it's just a window.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Yep! Man that would have sucked if they stole the truck and trailer!! I'd be floating around Lake Austin alot longer than I expected! I was thinking about that.. What the H E double hockey sticks would you do if someone took your truck and trailer or your trailer?!? I guess find a really nice person on the lake that would let you dock your boat in their boat slip till you figure out how to get another trailer down there!

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Ranger188 said:
Tony is Robert a police officer?  Or Robert, are you a police officer?  I rememeber you saying you had a tournament with the APD?
No, He is a member of there bass fishing club but not a officer.

Chris

·
Banned
5,460 Posts
After my car was broken into twice I bought an older Blazer just to tow my boat, I felt better about parking it at 360 for several hours after dark.
You watched too much Roadhouse... ;D

Anyways, it can happen, and will happen at any time, any place. From the 100K subdivisions to the 1M mansions, it's just a matter of time.

Carry good insurance, life is too short to let the crackheads get you down....

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
jjam said:
My dad has a full sniper camo suit ;)

as for the concealed hand gun. If i remeber corectly there are no weopons allowed in travis count parks
Thats the same thing I got, A sniper suit for hunting.

Chris

21 - 40 of 114 Posts