Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I couldn't sleep and decided I would go fishing at 4:30 am this morning.  Launched at precisely 5:15 am and headed for some lighted docks.  Started catching some 13 inchers and a nice 2 and half pounder before sunrise.  After it got to where I could see good I headed over to some new spots 'midlake' that I wanted to try out.  Yep, I'm fishing midlake these last few trips out!   :eek:  Anyways, nailed a nice 5 pound 10 oz'er and 2 nice 3 and a halfers...  Was just settling in on catching some good fish and I saw this Skeeter coming my way.  Two guys asked me if I had a black truck and I said yes.  They said they had just called the Police because someone had broken into my truck!    :mad:  So I high tailed it back to the ramp and the cop was still there.  Sure nuff windows busted!!!   :mad:  Luckily I didn't have anything in there but some change.  I cannot believe someone would smash my windows!!!  

p.s.  If you guys in the Skeeter read the board a big Thank You from me for calling the Police for me!!  Really Appreciate it!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This happened at the 360 Ramp! Sorry should have mentioned that.

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
Looks like a nice morning on the water, with the one exception. I don't get it! Why do people feel the need to steel and vandalize, why can't they earn an honest living like the rest of us. I know I work hard for everything I have, its sickening when someone wants to just take it away. Luckily they didn't get anything though, what did they see that they thought they were after? Did anyone else get broken into?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was the only one in the parking lot. When I pulled up there was a brown extended cab truck with a guy and a girl in it. The chick asked me if I had a cigarette and I told her I didn't smoke. I waited until they were fully gone before I launched...... The only thing I can think of is they came back and smashed my window and stole my change out of the center console. I just don't get it. I haven't had much luck with that truck at all. Someone nailed my bumper a couple weeks back in the Cabella's parking lot too! The Police officer told me that they have had several trucks broken into in that parking lot. :(

·
Registered
499 Posts
Sorry to hear about this. That's a real shame when these types of things happen.

It's another reason why I questioned the raising of the launch fees, doubling them, a few years back without at least adding more lights at all the ramps. I guess they don't think people will be at the ramps at night. ???

Nice fish Ranger188. Any more reports like these, you just might start getting followers when you're on the lake. ;D Of course, not by me, I can't get to that lake any where near as much as you. :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thank you for letting us all know. I have a tendency to leave my radar detector visable...not any more!

Nice fish though, it would have really sucked if there was no bite.

·
Registered
103 Posts
No way to know if it's the same bunch or not, but there's a gang of teenaged minorities that hang around the bridge on weekends. they're led by an older man, and appearantly this is like a hobby or something to them. A few months back, my son left his car on the north end of the bridge while he and some friends went hiking in the rocks. This bunch of a--holes came up with pipes, baseball bats etc, and destroyed his car right in front of him, mocking him all the while. The police told him this ia a common occurance. I'd like to get my hands on some of these yahoos. Nice fish BTW, but as a dimwit reporter once said, "other than that, Mrs Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play"? :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Banned
5,460 Posts
That flat out sucks man. At least they didn't just flat out steal the truck and trailer.

My bet is on the guy and girl who were at the boat ramp at 4:30AM on a monday morning asking for a smoke.

Boat ramps are pretty bad for shady dealings....There was a ramp on Ray Roberts I used all the time, well, when the lake levels fell 2 years ago, they found a dude still sitting in his underwater truck that had been there for years....

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
Chad,

That sucks about the window. On the bright side, you caught that toad.

I would say those people that asked for a smoke, did come back and hit your truck.

What can you do ?

Ea

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm in triple shock now!!

I can't believe someone would totally wreck your son's car with bats right there in plain view of the 360!!!!! :eek:

And equally as shocked that they found a guy in his truck that had been there for two years!!

Wow!!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Anyone know of a good glass repair shop up in the Cedar Park area?! I'm not having much luck!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Sorry to hear about your truck. I was out there yesterday from about 3-8 and our truck was the only one out there when we got back to the dock. Know i am going to have to keep an eye when i am there.

I know a glass guy but he is south if you are interested

I drive over the bridge atleast 2-4 times a day at all different hours. I am going to have to start keeping an eye out

·
Registered
229 Posts
Sorry to hear about the break-in. That really sux. It must be easy for them to exit off the road, circle in, look for a target, hit, and zip back up and be gone in a flash.
I will ask my niece (APD) what the low down is on reported crimes in the area. The last time I was there, I to had one of those sleepless nights, and went there to just do some casting off the dock to unwind. I got nervous and left because a car would come down, park, turn its lights off, sit for a min, then leave. After the 3rd time, I just split. I guess I shouldn't have been there in the first place, that time of night and all. But I used to do it all the time, years ago. Now, I guess there is just way too much meaness.
BTW, nice fish!!

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Sorry to hear about the truck Chad.  360 can get shady when it's still dark or after dark.  I've had tvs stolen out of my truck twice in the last couple of years while parked at 360.

In regards to auto glass, there are mobile guys that will come to you with a new window and replace it for you in your driveway.  No need for you to drive to a shop and drop it off or sit and wait.  I don't remember what company I used but I'm sure you can find one through Google.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Found a guy up here in Leander that will swing by first thing in the morning and replace it for me.

That is weird about someone pulling up several times while you were there. I would have left in a flash as well.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Glad you found someone to replace your window. While the guy is there fixing it, tell him where it happened. Those guys are in the know about that kind of crime. He may have some reports from there.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Man....that is ridiculous! I will never park down there, I always park at Emma Long, for that very reason when night fishing. I don't trust some of the people I see down there. Maybe it's just me, but some people just stick out down there. I'll be taking my buddies, Smith and Wesson, if I ramp down there again. Sorry about your truck. I know some good glass guys, if you need info, just PM me.

???

1 - 20 of 114 Posts