Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the layoff thunderstorms going on around me I decided to turn the phone off and hit the lake this afternoon.  Pretty much sat in 1 spot midlake today with a Jig in 27 feet of water about 25 yards in front of a dock that seems to produce for me this time of year.  Ended up catching 6 fish total with largest around 5 pounds.  Had a decent fish on but got caught up around an underwater cable or something down there deep.  Never saw the fish.. line went tight and snapped on me.   :eek:  

Was a wonderful day to be out there.  My truck was the only one in the lot at 360 when I launched and when I got back around dark.  Did see 1 crazy wakeboarder out there as usual.

Dropped in at 2 pm and was off at 630pm... Calmed the nerves for a few until I turned the phone on and saw all the voicemails!  

Peace.

· Registered
4,330 Posts
Sounds like a nice afternoon. Thanks for the report.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
5C7E747C7E7955766464170 said:
dropped in @ quinland park this morning right as the rain cleared up. fished alone for 7 hrs, threw everything but the kitchen sink, but not one strike. glad to see someone was rippin lips out there
Did u fish up north or mid, south? I sat in 1 spot across from city park. Tossing a 3/8 oz football head jig. Some casts took 15 minutes. Sure was relaxing.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
676968616C786A6579687F0D0 said:
What the.....................  You lost my jig?!?!? :mad:
Yep! I gotta go head over to Academy this morning and pick up a few along with your red eye shad that I also lost!! :-[

· Registered
1,183 Posts
5A666B514D6162626B6D7A617C0E0 said:
[quote author=676968616C786A6579687F0D0 link=1231295293/0#6 date=1231341670]What the.....................  You lost my jig?!?!? :mad:
Yep!  I gotta go head over to Academy this morning and pick up a few along with your red eye shad that I also lost!!   :-[[/quote]

That's what I'm talkin about...true friends... ;D ;D ;D

· Registered
100 Posts
526E635945696A6A6365726974060 said:
[quote author=5C7E747C7E7955766464170 link=1231295293/0#1 date=1231296779]dropped in @ quinland park this morning right as the rain cleared up. fished alone for 7 hrs, threw everything but the kitchen sink, but not one strike. glad to see someone was rippin lips out there
Did u fish up north or mid, south? I sat in 1 spot across from city park. Tossing a 3/8 oz football head jig. Some casts took 15 minutes. Sure was relaxing.[/quote]
fished all over. got too close to the docks i think. always have a hard time catching fish on LA. got any pointers? it would be greatly appreciated ;D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Right now slow and deep seem to be the key!! Wait or is that with the wifey?! LOL!!!

I fished today fro 3 hours and only caught 1 fish.. Was nice out there though.

· Registered
639 Posts
I would agree with the slow and deepwater access. Minimum 10 feet and this to me means finesse. If it's windy -- it's next to impossible. If I have a loop in my line and have to put the line in the water to avoid the wind -- I'm just not going to feel the bite. It's ax extremely subtle bite right now. Every once in a while a reaction bite, but I'm dead sticking and just dragging as slow as possible and stopping and waiting for the slightest of bumps. And even then, I'll reach down to take a drink--and what do you know the line is moving. I'm not even feeling some of the bumps. Maybe it's the 15lb test ;D

· Registered
284 Posts
Chad,

I saw a good picture of you in a magazine today. I was waiting on my wife in Walmart and picked up "Hill Country Magazine" and they have an article about fishing lake Austin and it has a nice shot of you with an 8 pounder. You may already know about it but if not you might want to pick up one for a keepsake.

· Registered
284 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.