Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm officially tired of jonboat fishing. I spent about 30 hours in the jonboat the last 3 days on LA (the wife was outta town)... Fun fishing, but there were some pretty slow hours mixed in there. On saturday, I fished with SkeeterLance and we picked up about 20 or so with a couple of 6lbrs, Sunday was with Robertinaustin, and we got 22 with a 4.5 biggest. Today I hooked up with Lance again and we had about 10, with a nice 8lb'er that came just after dark. I stayed out tonight until 1am, and only got 2 bites from 9p-1am. I was hoping they would be going crazy before this front, but it wasn't happening for me. Almost all my fish came off of plastics fished slow. For some reason, I never could get the crankbait working very well.  Fun weekend, but my knees and back are ready to get back in the big boat!

Here's pics of the 2 best... Oh, and Lance gave me a firsthand view of what happens when you dip an automatic PFD in the water on accident. I about needed one for myself because I almost fell out of the boat laughing.  ;D

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
At least someone was entertained by my PFD deployment. I had no sooner got in the boat when the edge of the pfd had slipped off the side of the boat, and BOOM! Instant inflation. Had to repack that thing when I got home.  Was fun fishing during the drawdown, but I didn't hang anything to write home about. I'm ready to get back in the big boat, doing the balancing act with Kyle in that jon boat is a pretty good trick!

Thanks for taking me out Kyle! :)

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Did you jump? LMAO. I wish I could have of seen that. Shoot, I know I would have jumped.

Oh yeah, nice fish.

I sure would like to get back on Austin again before they start filling it.
Maybe a couple more times......

·
Registered
91 Posts
Glad you caught some good fish!

I had a Bill Dance blooper moment out there yesterday as well. Switched the trolling motor on high to make a run and next thing I know, it flies out of the boat and I'm hanging onto it for dear life as it's flopping around in the water. Guess it got loose over the course of the day. Hope some of the guys fishing nearby got a chuckle at least.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.