Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ME AND NITRO27 FISHED MID-LAKE TODAY. WE LAUNCHED AT 8:30 AND STARTED THROWING CRANKS. THE DAY STARTED SLOW WITH ONLY A FEW CHUNKS THE FIRST HOUR. aFTER SEARCHING FOR A LITTLE BIT WE CAME ACROOS THEM. WE WERE DOUBLING UP QUITE OFTEN. IN ONE 15FT SPAN WE CAUGHT 5 BASS. THIS BY FAR WAS MY BEST DAY ON AUSTIN YET. NITRO27 HAD A 6.9 AND A 8.9 BEFORE I HAD ANY OVER 4. NOT LONG AFTER, I PULLED THE 9 AND A 5. OUR BEST FIVE WENT 35.11LBS. THEY WERE 9.00,8.9,6.9,6.0,5.9. ALL IN ALL WE CAUGHT AROUND 40 FISH WITH ONLY 5 UNDER 3LBS.

AS YOUVE PROBALLY ALREADY READ ON ANOTHER POST I DECIDED TO KEEP THE 9 AND HAVE IT MOUNTED. MIGHT NOT BE THE BEST DECISION IVE MADE BUT I WAS CONCERNED WITH ITS SURVIVAL,DUE TO A HOOK IN THE THROAT,SO I KEPT IT. IT WILL BE NICE OVER THE DESK AT WORK.

ALSO IS THERE ANYONE I CAN E-MAIL PICTURES TO SO YOU CAN POST THEM FOR ME. I CANT FIGURE IT OUT.

WHAT A GREAT COLD DAY ON THE WATER.

PS. HEY RUDE IM GOING TO EMAIL THEM TO YOU, HOPE TO GET ON THE HAWG BOARD, FINALLY.

WILL BE BACK OUT THERE TOMMOROW LOOKING FOR DOUBLE DIGIT AND YES I WILL RELEASE IT.

·
Banned
1,539 Posts
Say guys looks like a great day on the lake.

I killed the other post because there was already a report for your catch. Not only that but there was a bunch of bickering that didnt really need to be going on.

I just want to let yall know that Im not going to let ABF get like some of the other sites out there where its constant bickering and bashing. The reason this site is good is because people can come on here and read good reports. I dont mind if you have an opinion but if it gets to the point where I feel like its to much, the thread will get pulled or whatever I need to do to make sure we keep a family friendly site.

Take Care
H.H.J.

·
Registered
381 Posts
BassCat,

Congratulations on an awesome fishing day. Sorry to hear you lost the big one but sometimes that happens no matter what you do. Just a suggestion on the mount, you might want to consider a replica in fiberglass since they will last a lifetime. If you do go with the real mount I would suggest seeing if Louis Keller is still doing mounts. His are the most realistic that I have seen. He did my striper back in 1984 and it still looks great but the tail fin has a hairline crack in it from too much moving (hard to pack a mounted fish). Way to go on what I presume is your PB. 8)

Charlie

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
Congratulations on your catch. The Hawg Board has been updated.

EA and 518svx had some great replica's made last year from a local guy in Cedar Park or Leander (I can't remember his name). The mounts looked top notch. You might consider getting his contact info from EA. He might make some great skin mounts as well.

Ok guys, who is next?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thanks guys it wa trulry amazing i thought man am i stupid for going fishing when i woke up and it was 27 degrees but thank god i went ... my best day ever .. all mine were on cranks 16' divers ...anyhow congrats to basscat 200 on his pb too. all in all great day ... ;D

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
--- BassCat_200 ------AS YOUVE PROBALLY ALREADY READ ON ANOTHER POST I DECIDED TO KEEP THE 9 AND HAVE IT MOUNTED. MIGHT NOT BE THE BEST DECISION IVE MADE BUT I WAS CONCERNED WITH ITS SURVIVAL,DUE TO A HOOK IN THE THROAT,SO I KEPT IT.
Here is a web site that shows the best gullet hook removal that I have seen to this day. Every since the day I read this article and began to apply this technique, I have yet to kill or critically injure a gullet hooked fish. I wish every one who reads this post would also take the time to check it out, read it, and also print this article out to use as a guide when needed. It may seem a little difficult at first, but after doing it a couple of times it becomes second nature and it is really easy to do.

http://www.in-fisherman.com/magazine/articles/if2806_HookRemoval/index.html

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
tRe: Lake Austin 1/19/08 5 Fish 35.11oz

Swimbait,

Unfortunatley yes i am standing on land. The fish halfway engulfed my crank. Felt it would be best to not chance it so i kept it. Also fishytx i looked at that site,pretty neat. I dont think i could of succesfully removed it. Ill surely try next time.

Thanks to everyone for the posts and well see you out there.

P.S.- Returned today and got a 7.11 and a few 5,4,3. Wind was horrible today so packed it up early. BC

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.