Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will start off by saying that there was no SOL caught by us yesterday.

Air temp - Around 50 with overcast skys

Water temp - Hell if I know we were in a jon boat with just a TM.

After we got done playing in the mud we got on the water around 1:45pm. We put in at Quinlan and went north. We started off not really catching anything until I put on a shaky head, I caught 4 fish in 4 cast and James thought he would put on a shaky head to. We ended up catching around 15 with the biggest around 3 1/2 in one area on shaky heads before we moved on. We kept using shaky heads and kept catching fish for a while with not much size to them. As it got close to dark and we started to head back we stopped and fished the same area that we started catching fish at. James stayed with the shaky head and I put on (Alen and Swimbait ya'll will be proud) a big ol swimbait and BAM 1st fish around 10" 2nd fish around 6lbs 3rd fish around 5lbs and the 4th fish was around 5lbs. I kept chunking the swimbait and James stayed with the shaky head as we caught a few more fish.

All and all we ended up with around 40 fish with the biggest going around 6lbs.

I had a great time out there and if any of you guys have a chance to meet James (BassCat_200) I would take that chance. He was a supper nice guy and we had a blast fishing together.

Chris
AKA The_Bass_Man

P.S I busted my butt in the mud when we got back and it was pretty funny.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
The_Bass_Man said:
P.S Hey Andy I put up a BASS FISHING REPORT :p
A fishing report without pics is like a Playboy with only articles  :p

Just razzin ya man, everyone knows the majority of the stuff I post on the board is useless info anyway so it's all good.

Sounds like y'all had a good day out there.  Charging up 2 batteries right now and should be headed back out this week looking for some DDs.

·
Registered
606 Posts
.Re: Lake Austin 1-15-08 In A Jon Boat

First off i only read playboy for the articles. ;D Anyways we did have a good day out there. One thing is that quinlan is getting very hard to launch at, do not recomend going there and if you do take waders. Ill be searching for a new launch area. Gotta give chris props, he tore them up. Everything he threw he got bit. I dont know if we just got lucky or what, but as we were loading up a fellow jonboater was also pulling out and they didnt even get a bite. Im going back out there this weekend to try new areas. Up north is getting very shallow and some areas are getting close to unpassable. The highlight of the whole trip was when chris was pulling on the boat and lost his footing and splat. Sorry chris but that was funny. The most amazing thing of the trip was the fact i actually saw a swimbait catch a fish, i know they work but seeing them work was awesome. anyways had a great time chris, well have to do it again.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I fished from 8:30-11:00 am in my 10ft jon boat with a 4 hp suzuki. Put in at 360 bridge. Surprisingly easy to get the boat in the water with little mud. zoomed north and fished using texas rigged senkos and deep diving cranks. drifted past the bridge and picked up this nice 4 lber.

drifted some more south and hooked up with a nice fish, got it up to the boat and could barely see her when she ran and snapped the line like a twig.

All in all kinda slow but still fun.

Bobby

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.