Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DATE/TIME:    Friday 04JUL08 5:30am - 8:30am
WEATHER:      Clear skies, no wind, quiet calm  glassy morning.    
WATER TEMP: (75: lower end)(64:  CP Mid lake)
VISIBILITY:   Water was very stained and dirty. It also seemd to be up a little compared to Wednesday.  Lots of slop and small floating debris.  

SUMMARY:
I figured I'd get Independence Day started right by getting in a quick 3 hour morning session.  Caught 3 decent keepers and a bunch of dinks.  Decided to keep things simple and just flip a jig all morning.  All the fish were caught shallow around typical LA target areas (Docks, Rocks, Reeds) between CP and Tom Miller.

Met up with HHJ and Bam on the water.  They seemed be having about the same results with a limit of keeps, a bunch of dinks, and kicker fish that got away.  I'll let HHJ comment on that.  

Hope everyone has a safe and Happy Independence day!  Time to go fly the colors and get ready for some grilling..

Here are the keepers.  Thanks for the picture HHJ.

·
Registered
553 Posts
i wen out today with jsfengine to la hopefully he will post some pics i know he has one toad to show off. im sure the post will come soon. those ski boats were killing by 9am thought it may ake longer but it was a good time.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Great report Rude, glad you got on some fish today. I had pretty much the same results this past week on LA, a bunch of dinks and a few keepers.

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY TO ALL! 8)

John

·
Banned
1,539 Posts
Yeah Bro and I had a decent morning caught most our fish on Wacky worms and Rattlesnakes around boat docks. Ended with a limit of fish no monsters the biggest about 3lbs.

I did miss a monster on one of the Berkley swimbaits. The fish loaded up and then took off with hardly any time to react it left me standing there with a broken heart. And yes I was using 12lb mono, someone had informed me to use mono no names mentioned (cough cough Alan) ;D.

Good to see Rude he had 3 nice chunks in his boat!

Take Care
H.H.J.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Looks like a bunch of you were on the water Fri morning.
Was suppose to go to LA Fri morning. The friend w/ boat rst to sun on me. Glad all had fun and caught fish.

Charlie, Charlie, Charlie. 12# mono :p LOL

Jim ;D

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Hey Rude saw you on LA going up the lake Friday morning, Thanks for the half hearted wave ;D, We started around 6 right next to the 360 bridge and caught 4 in 20 minutes on a spinner bait, the fish were crushing it but at 6:20 they stopped as soon as it started. Caught 16 in all the rest on rattlesnakes around docks and brush. Biggest about 3lbs on the spinner bait. Actually got use to the waves crashing over the front of the boat

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.