Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit LA on Wed around 4 and started throwing the 4.5" swim bait, after about 30 min hooked up on what looked to be a giant when its head came out of the water. As I got it close I could see at least 8 other fish with it that were equal in size. Landed the fish and it was another skinny fish with a big head. Had a 10 lb head and a 6.11 body. And of course I make it look like a 3lber. Picked up some friends around 6:45 and we ended up catching about 12 others but all dinks. Small ones were caught on black blue Big Bite senko baits and Big Bite yo mama's in black neon. The run back to the ramp at about 10:15 was chilly to say the least. Here is the pic of the 6.11
Thanks,
JR

· Registered
1,412 Posts
Re: Lake Austin.  I am not holding fish for pictures any more!

Nice fish JR. Its amazing how much smaller a big fish looks when a big man holds it in front of them. I have the same issue :D

Glad to hear you had a good evening on the water. I love the cooler temps ;)

Jim

· Banned
1,780 Posts

Nice 3lb chuck lol.

Need to get a minnie me to hold your fish then they will look bigger than they really are.

Nice fish - glad y'all hada good outing.

kp

· Registered
1,895 Posts

You have a great idea there, Swimmy.  Maybe JR should beach the Cat at Michael Jackson's backyard there just uplake of the 360 Bridge.  That fish will look huge with those homes/cabins/windmill/spanish gallion in the back ground.  You might even talk one of the "little people" into holding a fish for you.

TDub and I were having a beer around 9 pm recently (guit fishing during the last Weds nighter) near MJ's backyard.  We were talking about family, friends, and monogamy when we spotted a little hand holding a candle in the window of one of the houses near the bank.  TDub freaked out.  Said something about "tossing chicken bones at him" and got on the big engine.  I think the boy has issues with the little guys.  

Worth a try!

Wurm

· Registered
10 Posts

Nice fish. I have noticed that any fish of size that I caught on LA were long andd lean. The 2-3lb. fish seem to be chunky. Does any one have any ideas, other than "they are river fish"?

· Registered
2,271 Posts
It's all about how you hold your fish for the photos and the angle of the camera. I've got gripes about how people hold bass in all these awkward positions in photos. Even if you're a big guy you can get a good photo out of a fish like that. Just hold the fish vertically with one hand (I'm sure a guy like you should have no problem with that...if it's too hard to hold it up, then you should really spend more time at the gym... :) ), and extend your arm straight out towards the camera. Make sure that your extended arm is hidden behind the body of the fish though. Then make sure your camera man is good and close when taking the pictures, but not too close, otherwise it will all just be way too obvious.

Even a small guy who holds a 6lber close to his body will make it look smaller than 6lbs...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.