Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone been out on LBL today since they lifted the watercraft ban? How is the debris and clarity? We are supposed to go out tomorrow and I cant tell if its a good idea yet

Nate

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I read the ban's in effect until noon tomorrow. Either way, it's gonna be a floating garbage dump for the next week. The chocolate (nice version) milk-colored water will likely subside in 2-3 days, assuming there's no more rain.

-SSJr

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, Im supposed to go out with the fiance on a guided trip. The ol' girl is nervous about the flooding and going out just after the boat ban is lifted.

Nate

·
Registered
137 Posts
I just went over the Congress bridge to go pickup some lunch and did not see anything floating in the water but the water looked like mud.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I drove across on I35 at 1:00. Even from the middle lane, I could see nothing by brown water through the trees and buildings.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Just left you a voice mail, Nate. We are good to go! Just verified that the watercraft ban was lifted today. Safety won't be a concern. Even with lots of debris in the lake, it is electric motor only, so we won't ever be going fast enough for debris to be a danger and it sounds like the current has slowed considerably. Don't let the dirty water and debris get your hopes of a good day down either. Here's the results of the last time I fished Lady Bird Lake with some clients after a watercraft ban was lifted. We had floating debris and chocolate water that day too. Flooding conditions can create a lot of good feeding opportunities for the fish if you know where to look for 'em ;)

·
Registered
2,272 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Just left you a voice mail, Nate. We are good to go! Just verified that the watercraft ban was lifted today. Safety won't be a concern. Even with lots of debris in the lake, it is electric motor only, so we won't ever be going fast enough for debris to be a danger and it sounds like the current has slowed considerably. Don't let the dirty water and debris get your hopes of a good day down either. Here's the results of the last time I fished Lady Bird Lake with some clients after a watercraft ban was lifted. We had floating debris and chocolate water that day too. Flooding conditions can create a lot of good feeding opportunities for the fish if you know where to look for 'em ;)

Gotta say, if you paying for a guide, this is what you wanna hear from em'. Flood or no flood we still Rippin lips

·
Registered
164 Posts
I went for a quick bank fishing trip late Saturday and found one. That was before things got too crazy, but there was already a lot of **** in the water. Hopefully you guys can get into some. Good luck.

barton.fish.jpg

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
I just called again to double check even though I just spoke with them an hour ago. Not sure how accurate KXAN's info is. The City of Austin phone number I just called said that they are the official ones to ask and they said that their current information shows that there is no current watercraft ban on Lady Bird.
Cool, ya it sounds like they mean business and I don't want anyone to get their boat impounded per the warning

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Cool, ya it sounds like they mean business and I don't want anyone to get their boat impounded per the warning
Sho' 'nuf! Just saw the update on the City of Austin website. Extended until noon tomorrow. Called the number again and they confirmed that they just received the updated information. Looks like KXAN is on the ball after all! We will figure out a new plan, Nate!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I agree, caught 4 good ones last Saturday right after the rains lifted around 7-10am. Best was upper 3 lb range and this was from the bank. Never caught any fish here on spinners, fished a Black/Purple curly tail 7"

1 - 20 of 27 Posts