Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished from 8am to 12pm. Fished along nash Hernandez Sr. Road and did not catch anything, not even a bite. I was throwing a Watermelon senko wacky rigged and texas rigged. Also threw a black crawfish lookin plastic with red flake. I then hit the hike and bike trail off lakeshore blvd and caught a good bass on a wacky rigged green worm. I was also crouching down in the bushes with my camo shirt and camo had if that made any difference.

WARNING There is a ton of poison IVY along the bank in that area Beware. Also a ton of trees and bushes.

Question for everyone. What do you guys think of Spray on fish attractant? I was about to buy some.

Fought Reel good. I'm headed back out in the morning, but I think I'm hitting somewhere on Lake Austin.

Bass.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
I dont use it, ive always thought about stuffing some bass attractant in a tube and riging with a jig head, never went through with it. I dont use electronics or anything either though. kinda ruins it, for me anyway...

·
Registered
156 Posts
Well, using berkley power bait I do buy the sales pitch that the fish hold on longer, which in slow moving softbaits I think helps me.
Couldn't imagine putting more on an already impregnated bait. I imagine if it makes the fish think it is more "food" tasting in a bass brain
it probably helps the fish not reject the bait so fast.

That area by the hostile is a great fishing area, at least when I am on the water. Never tried the bank, but I can see the PI is everywhere.
Actually heading that way after coffee with my daughter.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I'm glad you did well. I have to find another spot to fish - I'm just worn out on AS... 2 days in a row, skunked, and I've had more than my fill of people and their dogs. I'm done. Don't wanna go back to Mueller, everywhere else is too far. Guess I'll just start back metal detecting again. Meh,

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'm glad you did well. I have to find another spot to fish - I'm just worn out on AS... 2 days in a row, skunked, and I've had more than my fill of people and their dogs. I'm done. Don't wanna go back to Mueller, everywhere else is too far. Guess I'll just start back metal detecting again. Meh,

Between the five of us fishing this morning on yaks, not a single bite among us in 3.5 hours. No top water action even at
sunrise. Everybody worked different areas, I had 3 rigs set and fished my "domain" the **** out. Went from top water poppers and toads, switched to power craw near the bull rush, and senkos, and ran cranks at different "ledges", fishing areas back and
forth and not a bite. One of the amigos pointed out that even the friggin carp weren't rolling around in their regular "swim".

Only thing I could note was that the water was NOT choppy, but the due east wind could transport us on the tandem yak from
Pleasant Valley Rd all the way across the "bay", without paddling except to steer. Never been on almost glass water being
propelled like that.....like there was a tidal current.

RChapman, You really should borrow that kick float like I offered. Use a yak paddle with it, and it kicks butt if not trying to
cover huge amounts of water.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Thanks, yeah, I will... I'll get in touch with you on it... been in my own little world here late... glad to hear it wasn't just me this morning - it was weird - very still and overcast, usually lends for a butt-kickin day... I dunno.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I'm impressed that you able to throw a wacky-rigged worm with all the grass out there- are you using a weedless hooks?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, I just was avoiding the obvious weeds. I did loose a few hooks, but I stocked up on some weedless hooks on the way home. I was honestly about to give up when I saw my line just swimming off so I let him swim for a sec, then set the hook.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I even waded out a bit down by the Lamar bridge in the shallow grass (near the small island by the bridge) and threw a TR senko - not one tap... saw fish hitting shad and had even threw a super fluke, but they just weren't having anything. Frustrating. And there's a LOT more hydrilla choking the lake at that particular spot than I've seen in a long time... Oh well, I need to stop whining - at least I'm out fishing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts