Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We headed out to fish Ladybird Friday night before the bad weather came in. Well the cold front shut down the lake. Kind of

I threw everything but plastics at them. Came across a few boats but not many. My friend wanted to fish mopac, but wow its far away. We made it all the way up there. Not sure why we went, but it was fun.

He liked the lure he was throwing so he threw it pretty much all night. Finally we fished a spot everyone fishes and he gets hit. I thought he was kidding about the size, but then I heard the splash. We boat it and its 23" and 6.98lbs. We fished there for a bit and then hit another spot that is hammered daily. Boom its on for him again. The mouth on this one was enormous. He landed a 26" 9.01lbs...Man he did great. His top 5 were only 23 / 24lbs, but we wont complain about that. Fishing was so crazy I even caught one on a triple trout.

Ladybird trip was a lot better than my lame ass falcon trip with a crappy fisherman. That guy will never be near my boat again. He scratched my boat and said oh well that's fishing. He left his trash in my boat. His buddy said fish shallow fish shallow. I said he is fishing a tournament you cant trust him. The guy cut a check on fishing 25ft brush piles. HAHAHA. I took him to the damn where a real fisherman told me to go. In 10min we had a fish in the boat. HAHA Lessons learned----I learned something about reading a graph from a guy at the hotel. Said he is the president of the ft hood group. Great guy and very helpful. Thank you.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Great report. Falcon is on my to do list. Man if those two fish had some girth to em, no telling what the scales would read.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts