Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I had to decide between Decker Lake and Town Lake. I decided to go to Ladybird because I didn't want to be run over by motorboats. About a hundred feet from the ramp, I'm bobbing up and down like crazy from the wake of a couple of anglers in a bass boat running on combustion right down the middle of the lake. No shame in their game.

Of course, they stopped and worked over the spot I was planning to start on. I took sloppy seconds and caught squat. I moved across and started catching fish. I caught fish on cranks and worms.

As I was loading out, here the scofflaws came, heading down lake but this time at idle.

C'mon Astros!!!!!!!!
IMG_20191027_101048347.jpg

·
Registered
18 Posts
i was fishing from the bank this morning for about 10 minutes, i saw you anchored in a great spot. i saw you make a bait change and rip in a little guy. i live right across where you were fishing. i almost hollered out but the last 5 times i hollered at who i thought was a forum fishermen, they looked at me like i was crazy and moved on, so i saved my breath. nice fish!
tight lines

·
Registered
59 Posts
I would have called the police on them. There are some early morning kayakers that they could have killed.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
These guys only offense was the operation of a gas engine on a battery only lake. They were not reckless. They were boating safely. They were operating in a similar fashion of city public works clean-up gas engine pontoon boat or sculling pace boat. 311 was notified.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts