Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i went there yesterday and caugh 4 fish. what really got me was the tpwl web page said no outboard motors allowed but there were people going with the rowing team that had outboards. I still took my bass boat just didnt start the motor.

·
Registered
73 Posts
They are  special !!!   It really ticks me off too. I guess the city of austin gave them a special permit.
Now they have a course set up on the lower end. I got dirty looks from one of the coaches last wek when I was
crossing the course. There were only 2 boats practicing, I was well out of the way but still got the LOOK.
I fished from the east ramp to the fiesta garden cove and did really well on Sat. afternoon. 3-20-10 Fished from
12:00 to 4:00, yea it was windy but worth it, got on a really good jig bite in shallow water.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Re: lady

i hate the row team n coaches out there...they act like its there lake ..they have cut off my cast before when im like 25 yrd from the bank and yell at me to watch my hooks...if i find some good structure in the middle ill throw my bouy n chill..make em go around me they love that...it makes me feel good seeing 10 diff groups of dudes all wantin to kick my a** at once but cant do nothin about it..

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yes you can have your motor down just don't turn it on. My bro was out there last weekend with the motor down and got stopped by the game warden. Didn't say a thing about the motor being down but he wasn't running it. She just did a safety and license check and let him go.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
The rowers there are idiots. I've been hit plenty of times and yelled at by rowers. I tell them to look where they're going and that they have the whole lake to go around me, I don't move either unless they attempt to look and see if theres a kayak there. Most just keep on rowing without looking.

·
Registered
410 Posts
yea most of those guys don't care how close they get to you and they more than likely don't care. I have had a few bad exp with them but I actually had one of the coaches ask me if they could go around me. I couldn't believe it! made he's team stop rowing and asked if they could go around. after they went around he stopped and said thanks and sorry if we messed up your fishing. only nice and polite one I had ever had an enounter with.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
6F72697369616E746F73627F070 said:
yea most of those guys don't care how close they get to you and they more than likely don't care. I have had a few bad exp with them but I actually had one of the coaches  ask me if they could go around me. I couldn't believe it! made he's team stop rowing and asked if they could go around. after they went around he stopped and said thanks and sorry if we messed up your fishing. only  nice and polite one I had ever had an enounter with.
I bet he was a fisherman.

Chris

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.