Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Y'all,

I'll be flying into Austin from March 8th to the 11th and I'm trying to get a box together to come down. I was hoping to maybe get an update on the water conditions of Lady Bird. I know that Texas has been having some flooding and I just hoped to get an update on water clarity, levels, and temperature. Just enough so I know what to throw in my travel box. I'll be flying Allegiant so space is a premium and there's no way I can bring all my tackle.

Thank you guys so much!

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
In the old days when there was grass to fish on LBL a weightless stickbait would kill them. Since there's 0% vegetation now, I'm not sure what to tell you. I haven't fished the Bird in like two years. Hopefully someone with a more recent trip will help you out..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Y'all,

I'll be flying into Austin from March 8th to the 11th and I'm trying to get a box together to come down. I was hoping to maybe get an update on the water conditions of Lady Bird. I know that Texas has been having some flooding and I just hoped to get an update on water clarity, levels, and temperature. Just enough so I know what to throw in my travel box. I'll be flying Allegiant so space is a premium and there's no way I can bring all my tackle.

Thank you guys so much!
I went out on the bass boat late last week — pretty tough fishing. The water is getting clearer, and up towards Barton Creek, it's quite clear again. You will see a lot of fish there, but they are challenging to get to bite. Best bet is likely swimbaits to try and get a reaction. If you pull out into the river proper (yes Lady Bird is more or less a river) you can find them deeper on wiggle warts and lipless cranks. I would suggest craw colors. At transition points and around bridge pylons you can't beat drop-shotting roboworms. Hope this helps and good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts