Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking to do some kayak fishing this weekend and was going to either try out lady bird or Decker (Walter E. Long). Could someone offer me some advice about which would be a better option right now to fish? Also. Are there any identifiable spots on either lake to do some bed/sight fishing.

Thank you.

·
Registered
164 Posts
There is a kayak tournament next weekend at Decker, so people will probably be pre-fishing it this weekend. LBL would have less kayak fishermen, but may have all the recreational kayaks, SUPs, and rowers if the weather is nice. I think if you go towards either dam you can avoid a lot of people though. I havent fished LBL much at all so I cant really say. The times I have been out with the kayak there I was mostly just cruising with the girlfriend.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Decker is awesome, caught 3 lmb last week there. Smallest was 3 lbs. I worked the left side of the lake. Lady bird is always a safe bet, its hard to get skunked there

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I was thinking about participating in the tournament but I'm not fully confident I would gain a huge advantage prefish ing. Sunday was probably what I was thinking because it'll be after the rain but at the same time there's not a lot of rain forecasted for early Saturday and the winds are lower, so it could make for some good fishing. If I go to lady bird I'd like to do some sight fishing and throw some spinner baits and flukes. Decker I'm not too sure on how to tackle except to maybe flip the grass lines.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts