Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I sounded reveille and hoisted the flag of the United States of America. I hit the road and pulled into the ramp at 5:30am. A bank angler was parked on the ramp. He quickly moved to let me back down and I launched in short order by the light of the full moon.

There was another yakker out there somewhere, but the lake was eerily deserted. It reminded me of the first pandemic closure. I quickly boated a couple of bass on WW Senko and TR Ol Monster. The moon set. The sun rose. The skies cleared. The wind died off completely and unexpectedly. I went an hour without a bite.

Finally, I caught a cutie-pie on the x-rap from the bank. Then I caught a couple of bass on senko from the Lone Star paddlewheel. I moved back to the Statesman and commenced drop-shotting. I heard a deep rumble of radial internal combustion engines. This wasn’t the high pitched engines of the motorcycle parade. This was that low frequency exhaust note that resonates in your bones. A tight formation of antique airplanes crested the bank treetops, banked and turned north along I-35. Really cool.

The rumble fired up the bite. I caught a nice two-and-three-quarters on a Baby Brush Hog. I went back to drop-shotting and I was catching smaller bass and one sunfish. By now the lake was Full Tilt Boogie. An aluminum Tracker cruised up the lake on gas engine. All the ladies wanted to know what I was fishing for. An APD patrol boat cruised down lake. An attractive buxom blonde with an American flag bikini top paddled between me and the cops. The cop’s stare was fixated as he blurted out, “How do you do, ma’am.”

I saw the Tracker was loading out, so I followed him up the ramp. We chatted briefly. He only caught two. I wound up with twelve. Off at 2:30pm.
28FE4D74-7210-4229-BB3D-DA51CDB01944.jpeg E0CA684E-6C3E-4B32-A2AC-36A9A19EEF7C.jpeg 060AB140-CB56-4CB7-B807-45FE63CC49E1.jpeg

·
Registered
164 Posts
Great report Jeremy. Glad to see you kept your shirt on yet again my friend. Although I am sure the ladies were disappointed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts