Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I launched at 5:30am. Many anglers were on this part of the lake today (Congress). I got a couple fun fish early on pegged fluke jr. I got six more on drop-shot.

A couple came by and asked if I was catching anything. I told them and added that I hadn’t caught the alligator. They laughed and said they’d been on the lake since 9pm last night, burned through two marine deep-cycle batteries looking for the gator. A lot of folks would like to see it humanely relocated. I don’t care either way.

I went a couple hours with only a bluegill to show for my effort, so I went in. Off at noon.
FD289F9A-1F47-4FEE-8AAD-ECF19791EA3D.jpeg

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
i think most of us are thankful you have a shirt on, lol
i was gonna hit gt around 5, but dogs (new pup) kept waking me up all night long...

·
Registered
164 Posts
Thanks for the shirt and the post Jeremy. Love hearing about the fluke bite going on. Taking the yak out tomorrow morning to see if I can find that bite myself. Bill - you going to give it a try or are you set on top waters and golf only?

·
Registered
15 Posts
thanks for the post, can i ask you about drop shots? do you pitch into grass-less areas/holes and jig jig?

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
i AM willing to throw that yo zuri that dives to 3ft. plus i got another that dives to 6in. i will try tomorrow at gt. but topwater and golf dominate my sporting life! lol

·
Registered
164 Posts
Oh Lord help us. Bill might actually be using a lure that goes down 3'. What is the world coming to? Next thing you know Jeremy will be wearing yellow shirts....

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the post, can i ask you about drop shots? do you pitch into grass-less areas/holes and jig jig?
Glad you liked the post. LOL on your describing how to drop-shot. That’s pretty much how I do it. I try to find a brushpile or such.

I would like to learn how to “punch-shot” in grass, but I haven’t tried it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts