Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, me and some friends fished Lady Bird on Monday and Tuesday, with the jon boat, and had a blast! Never fished Lady Bird with the boat before.

Both days we went where HOT! Mega Hot. 5 to 10mph wind both days, real calm on that lake. I like it. We started around 5pm both days and fished until after dark.

We put in at the 35 bridge, and headed towards Barton Springs the first day. Threw rattlesnakes both days and the fishing was fantastic. I was surprised how good the fishing was considering how hot it was out there. The water temp was a little over 83 degrees, in the sun, and as cool as 79.4 in the shade, surface temp.

Never fished the place before, so we just started off across the boat ramp, and worked the shady areas, and Landed keepers off every tree laydown and in two days of fishing only hooked into two dinks, but never actually got them to the boat, they came off. Caught a limit the first day.

The second day we went east of 35 bridge and fished shady spots across from the ramp. Didn't do as good that day, but still landed nice keepers.

Caught the biggest Red Ear sunfish I've ever caught in TX, was over 1lb, Huge. I have nothing but good things to say about that lake. I'll be going there all the time now. It's calm, quiet, and no wakeboarders around. And a guy showed me a pic of a 10lber he caught off 35 bridge the day before in his kayak. So I know there are a few big fish in there. I'm looking forward to going out there again.

If you haven't ever fished Lady Bird, I'd recommend anyone to go and check it out. Fun place.

· Registered
251 Posts
Sounds like you tore them up. Great fishing report. I too have caught some big sunfish out of this lake, they always put up a good fight. The fishing at the Barton Creek mouth is good year round because of the spring fed water. Even in the heat of the summer, that water stays pretty cool.

· Registered
1,471 Posts
Look at AustinKayakFishing and look at Steve G, he'll show you what big fish look like in Town Lake. ;D

It's a fun lake at times, I'm definitely noticing the fishing there has slowed down since I first went there 2 years ago. A lot tougher, I think it's because of the amount of people who fish there now. Used to be a hidden gem, now a lot of guys go there and hammer them. Reminds me of Lake Austin now, very inconsistent for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.