Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put the Yak in at 7 at Red Bud Isle. Several other yaks there and a fly fisherman, along with bank anglers, definitely some pressure.
Boated 2 little guys, 1 on tiny child rig, worked ok lost the weight twice. Gave up after the second one. The other on a drop shot. Got a 3 pounder next to the boat on a ned rig, the 6# leader did not hold when I tried to get her in the boat. Maybe a net. Also pulled a ten pound snapping turtle next to the boat. Luckily it ate all the ned rig, without getting hooked and just let it go when I got it next to the boat. Off at 10:30

JT

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, no turtle soup. Mostly I was worried about my fingers. Funny you asked. I am trying the fluke tomorrow night. Trying a gill flash color first, see what happens.

JT

·
Registered
23 Posts
I’m partial to a fluke, most that know me will confirm, but the fluke bite has not been on fire for me yet.
I keep one lashed up at all times on 10# hybrid, a 2/0 Gama, & a Lews Custom Speed Stick labeled a “spinner bait rod”...but does well for imparting fantastic action upon a fluke.
My fluke color of choice? One not currently commercially available. It has a completely clear body with a very light smoke & salted top, or sometimes a clear with holographic silver flake & a hint of black flake.
That said, I’ve also been known to throw a clear with a blue pearl back.
This knucklehead I know quite well cooks them up for me over at JustWil Outdoors. A curious one for sure, but seems to have a knack for making baits to match the forage and catch fish...instead of fishermen.
A tease:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Very nice Wil. i like those I had a nice day with flukes right before that last band of rain turned the Pedernales into dirt. Has not been back since. I am hoping to get out tomorrow evening and try it again around some docks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts