Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mechanical issues with my truck have conspired to keep me fishing close to home lately. I’ve been doing more wrenching than fishing this month. Every weekend its a new problem. JT’s reports have been doing a great job of holding me over, but today I had my sights set on the Bird. I put in at first light.

For the second week in a row, a person at the ramp told me my driver’s side headlight needs a new lamp. Put in and within a couple casts got one a chatterbait. Made the rounds and wound up with fourteen fish, nine on senko and five on chatterbait. Gorgeous day to be out.

I heard from other anglers that the Game Warden has been checking boats on Lady Bird. I also heard that the City of Austin is now writing parking tickets near the Holiday Inn ramp. In addition, I heard that Lake Pflugerville is closed for the weekend and possibly Decker as well. This is all secondhand info, but I thought I’d pass it on as the sources are the regulars I see week in and week out. Off at 1:00 pm.
37FD474D-3CA8-4D67-B235-70128C85D49D.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked online and saw the ‘Horns had a rowing meet at Decker today. No wonder I didn’t see many rowers on Lady Bird ( I only had one rower foul my line today). It appears the ‘Horns swept the event. Tomorrow should be good for y’all planning to fish Decker.

I couldn’t find anything about P-ville online.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Appreciate the mention. Another efficient outing. I guess, I'll give the chatter bait another try. Also, thanks for the info, I could not get out on Sat, too much going on. Went out on Sunday, report coming.

JT

1 - 6 of 6 Posts