Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
“Oh Lord, grant me vision. Oh Lord, grant me speed.”

I was singing along with The Rolling Creekdippers’ cover of Gram Parsons as I backed down Holiday Inn ramp. Looking at the deserted street, I’m guessing I’m first cuz I sure don’t feel last. After reading J.C.’s report, I forewent the usual north shore route and immediately crossed over to the south shore. I started cranking and chatterbaiting til the sky lightened.

I shut off my lantern and cast a Baby Brush Hog at some submerged wood. I felt the slurp and reeled down praying, “Oh Lord, grant me speed!” The Speed Freak reel caught me up and I r’ared back into a perfect hookset. Oh! My 7’4” MH was a tight parabola as the big’un dived under the boat. I started hollerin’ as my behavioral filter collapsed with a rush of adrenaline. I rapidly brought the fish in for a close quarters battle. The cavernous maw opened and I seized the lower jaw. I stood, feet apart, knees bent, back arched, head back, arms thrust upward, rod in one hand the big’un in the other and whooped my war cry.

I passer-by captured the moment. I gave her my phone number and she promised to text it to me. I made a couple more casts and then it was deja-vu all over again! Another good bass ticked the BBH. Nearly identical battle. Oh Lord! I received the text pic of the first fish and sent her the bass selfie of the second fish. Nice!

I switched to senko and got a couple more that went three pounds each. I’m not bee-essin’!

Y’all know I’m a just a goofy geezer in a little plastic boat. So when Austin’s most beautiful twenty year old jogger smiles and says good morning as she effortlessly runs by, ranks right up there with catching a giant. Another great day on a fantastic lake.

Shout out for all the vets, always remember NAVY stands for Never Again Volunteer Yourself!
E2FA4CA5-9E14-45EB-A1B9-BDA932088C36.jpeg
E3C8B8F6-811B-4550-9533-B6F930C37ED7.jpeg

·
Registered
6 Posts
So you can go out on Lady bird with say a Pelican bass raider 10e and a trolly motor and get around just fine? I am looking at one and want to know its limits. I can't afford a bigger bass boat at the moment and don't want to settle for some used, rusty old craigslist boat. BTW, Nice catches friend

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
“So you can go out on Lady bird with say a Pelican bass raider 10e and a trolly motor and get around just fine?”

Yes, the “two-man buggy” is perfectly suited for Lady Bird (formerly known as Town Lake). The aerial pic of my buggy is a good example of standard rigging. Note that I have two batteries, but I can’t recall ever resorting to the back-up battery, even after being on the lake over 8 hours, running from I-35 to Mopac and back.

Do be mindful of the rowing sculls. They tend to get out of their lane so to speak.

·
Registered
280 Posts
OK, another talent to add to Jeremy's growing list. He is a singer in addition to a bare chested bass whisperer. What is it you can't do my friend. Great report and pictures.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts