Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed out to LA this afternoon around 4.Putting in at Quinlan.This is going to be the 3rd time on there in the last couple of weeks and I have had no luck what so ever on the Shakey Head Rattlesnake that I have heard so much about.Any Suggestions? I used to fish everyday a few years back until I went through a nasty divorce and the B%$*H got my boat!!!!!! I just got another one, not brand new but it was a steal.I am in the 90's model Ray-Craft blue and silver with the Evinrude XP150.That thing runs like a 200!!!!!!!!!!! Wave if ya see me!!!! Trying to make it out to one of the Wed nighters one of these days.If anyone has any pointers on the lake or on the Shakey Head Rattlesnake it would be greatly appreciated......I will Give an update this evening hopefully with pics when I get home tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Hi Mike,

I haven't been doing great out there lately. The few I have gotten have been Swimbaits on the weedlines and football Jig or TR worms on rock. Good luck and tight lines!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Go up into Bull Creek and throw that shakey head rattlesnake, or baby rattlesnake, and you will catch fish. Fish the left side till it gets shallow then move to the right side.

Shakey head on the rocks under 360 will always get you bit too. Try watermelon red or green pumpkin.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well......Headed up lake towards the dam and found some open beds in the middle of the grass!!!!!!!!!Got quite a few toying but only a few stuck!!!!! 3 dinks, 1 around 14 1/2" and the other around 17"!!!For a total of 5!!!put in at 5pm and was off the lake around 9:15......not the best but not the worst day either.....I'm really starting to get a feel for this "Shakey Head Rattlesnake thing"....LOL......Headed back out in the morning and going to try it again!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.