Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, I am just getting toasted out here lately.  Zeroed again, but saw something I've never seen on Lake Austin!!

Saw this beauty up by Quinlan today.  Took pics around 10:30 this morning.

Taking Flight!!!

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Great pics, I saw that one and I think it's mate Sunday. Way cool!

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Re: LA Today w/pic!!

WOW!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: Incredible photos Shlunker, thanks for sharing! What kind of camera are you using?

John

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Great pics. I was in Vancouver a few weeks ago and the place is crawling with eagles but they are a lot less common in Austin. Over the past few years the birds have been gradually reclaiming their former range in Texas. I was lucky enough to see one last year. If any of you kayak down the colorado from austin to Webberville there are a few birds that have been around.

·
Registered
10,702 Posts
Awesome pics! That's one of the great things about fishing, getting to see all the other cool wildlife. Good to see eagles reclaiming their range. The Endangered Species Act does work sometimes!

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
That's really awesome. I sell ranches all over the state for the last 8 years, see all kinds of wildlife, but never have seen an eagle in the wild-except for the one that nest easts of Llano along the river that you can see from the road.

·
Registered
998 Posts
:eek: :eek: :eek: Sweetness, nice photo skillz. I've seen a ton of ospreys lately, best occurence was of one dive bombing into LA less than 50 yards from me for a sunny, but nothing quite compares to a bald eagle IMO...

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Re: LA Today w/pic!!

Cool!!! I used to see them all of the time around the Potomac River right by the DC/VA border. Then this huge development, the National Harbor, started going up right by a major nesting area... wonder what that's done to those birds... actually, that development pretty much ruined a MAJOR spawning/year-round area... supposedly they've closed off an area to fishing and removed several major wrecks that used to hold some serious fish... Progress.......!!!! :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.