Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a blast. We planned for Bastrop but instead went to Austin. Glad we did.

Mainly wanted to see if the dancin' had started and sure enough it had.

We fished the entire day below 360. Water temps were 64-68. Started kinda slow but in one glorious 10 minute span, my buddy had two 5s and I had three 4s. Throw in a couple of 3s and the 30-50 yards stretch proved productive to say the least.

We ended up catching 21, with all over 16" except for one. All in 3ft or less. Best 5 for us would have been 23+ lbs.

We did miss 4 others that were as big as the 4 and 5s caught. We fished for a MONSTER for an hour or so. She wanted nothing do to with us. Easily a 10+. We based that weight on what it looked like and what the ones we caught looked like in 3ft of water. She was beautiful.

God bless central Texas.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I had one of my better days on LA as well on Sunday, but not anything like that.  Caught most of my fish on a spinnerbait...your report makes me want to go back and head the other direction!  ;)

I was able to catch my first few sight fish of the year, which is always fun and made me look forward to my upcoming trip to Amistad even more...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey, I am new here to the site but glad I found it. My buddy and I are planning a trip to fish on lake Austin this coming Monday, 3/16. We are from Houston and have fish area resevoirs here trying to find something to mount on the wall. I have read how some are fairing better than others but wanted to ask if anyone feels as though with us fishing on Monday and at this time of year, is there a possibility of a 7+ pound fish or more being picked up right now on Lake Austin? Don't want any secret spots or anything, just trying to figure out what to expect. Thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
I went out with some friends yesterday to city park and brought along the kayaks. went out just to paddle around and look for fish and grabbed my rod at the last minute. Within 10 minutes I was fishing in front of what used to be The Pier I caught 3 two-three lb keepers on the trusty old "Shad Rap" in about 6 ft. of water. I also saw a guy filming in the middle of the lake right in front of city park and it looked like he was catchin nice ones every cast. Looked like alot of fun. Also, Does anyone know where if there are many whites in LA? I know the other lakes around are really good but id like to be able to catch some whites during the week.
Thanks and good luck, Thomas

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.