Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are headed out on Saturday morning August 2nd. Plan to launch between 6 and 630am. Would love some feedback on best place to head to find some fish, and what you all would suggest we use. Loaded up already with some watermelon Senko's from reading past posts on here. What other advice on lures can you all help us with? I grew up Bass fishing on Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri but have been out of the game for a while due to Army deployments and no boat. Now have a friend that just got a center console and we would love to catch us some to get great pictures of! Please help! Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Senko, Tx rig rattle snake, jig, crank bait all work on Austin. I like to fish the sticks and stones vs the docks myself. I like the fish the deeper water around drop offs. If you see a big cypress, skip a senko under it
Any specific colors in the jigs and crank baits?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Lake Austin is very popular among water and jet skiers and pleasure boaters. They'll be out in force on any Saturday in the summer, starting around 9:00 AM. Be prepared to have your boat bob up and down a lot from the wakes. I recommend to launch at Mary Quinlan park (1601 Quinlan Park Rd, Austin, TX 78732). The ramp is the furthest north one on the lake. There are less boaters up that way. If you head south a little ways from Quinlan you'll see a large spa (affectionly called the 'fat farm'). Fishing around it is a good place to start, along with the docks to the south of it. If you head north a couple miles you'll see a couple areas with shallow/hazard warning buoys. Those are good areas to throw lipless crankbaits in. For the summer I recommend shad or chartreuse colors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts