Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
10,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Inspired by Jeff and Dan's recent bank success, I snuck over to LA to cast a few times during lunchbreak.  Airtemp was 36F, didn't measure water temp, but it was chalky and stained.  Walked to shoreline by Walsh and observed many commorants and gulls feeding on the surface in the middle of the still drawndown lake.  Was wishing I had time to go back and get the canoe, but work wouldn't have it.  Made due with what I had and casted a Cordell superspot from shore (DD22 was running too deep and getting bottom slimed).  Got one bite, a 19 inch football.  Nothing big, but satisfied my appetite:

· Registered
4,330 Posts
Nice way to spend lunch RO, thanks for the report!

· Registered
10,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I tried again at lunch today, this time from CP.  Air temp was warmer at 54F. Water was much more clear, lightly stained green with 4-5 ft visibility. The current was flowing swiftly, so I thought there might be a bite.  Tried money minnow, lipless crank, and senko from noon to 1pm.  No bites, but what a great way to spend lunch!  Saw half dozen ospreys, with 2 successful dives, and as many great blue herons cruising around.  This guy was munching what appeared to be a 12 inch bass or so.  The head was eaten already by the time I got this pic.  He had a good lunch.  So did I.

· Registered
10,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
5941557A607B7A7D74756764130 said:
Nice RO, hopefully you can roll out to Falcon and this is just giving you the itch!

I've always got the itch! My wife says it's the crabs, but I know it's all HER fault!

Seriously though, I do have the itch for Falcon bad. Just gotta find a way to work the fam schedule to make it happen.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.