Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished LA Friday Oct 29 from 0630 to 1430. Caught about a dozen, with only 3-4 being weighing fish. About 8 caught on shallow diving crankbait off the end corners of distinct looking docks, and others on topwater popper.

It felt real nice fishing LA without the wake traffic. The calmest boat traffic day I had on LA in quite some time.

Peace

· Registered
108 Posts
How is the debris out there now? Still a lot of that wood chip type stuff built up in areas or has it mostly cleared out? Thanks for any info, our impeller got jammed after being out there and the dealer said it was from that stuff and that they had seen a lot of motors with that problem since that big rain a while back.

· Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw no debris in the areas I fished. I did see debris in the north areas 3-4 weeks ago. IMO you should be safe from the debris, but exercise caution yourself.

In my younger days crawfishing in the Atchafalaya Basin, I ran all through debris and never had a problem with my water pump impellor getting jammed. I just looked out for the floating logs (not keen on log-jumping). From you experience, I now know to be much more cautious!

· Registered
2,271 Posts
I was out there last week fishing from 360 on down and there definitely wasn't much debris at all. However, I saw a few trees out in the water where I had never seen them before, and I a few trees that used to be in the water were gone! It definitely changed things up a little out there...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.