Bass Fishing Forum banner

LA fatty

2K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  turbobassman 
#1 ·
Have had a pretty hard time finding the good fish on Austin lately but caught a 7lbs 14 oz sow today on a swimbait. 12 to 14 foot of 52 degree water. 2 in the afternoon. Working on pics...

#4 ·
Very nice fish! What kind of swimbait did you catch her on? And for the record, in my opinion, it is unlikely that she'd go 10lbs in the spring. She probably won't get too much bigger...maybe 8 something. In my experience, most fish that I've caught that are around 23" are on average about 8lbs. All the bass I've caught over 10 have been around 25". Although, while it is doubtful a 23" fish will be 10lbs...it is also certainly possible. I've heard of some seriously short and tubby 10s...

#5 ·
2 dollar lake fork swimbait. How many over ten have you caught? I am dying to get one that big. I have put in uncountable hours into bass fishing and I have lost a couple I thought were over ten but still have yet to land one. This upcoming year is my year I hope. I always hear about fishing bluegill and large minnows under the damns for them but I wanna get one on artificials. Then I may try to get one the easy way.

#7 ·
Very solid fish and on the swimbait! Only 3 over 10 -- wish I could say the same. There should be a number next to your screenname with how many over 10's you've caught. I've caught 38,305 over 10's LOL. Actually, I'm still looking for my first the darn back of the boat always catches them!

#17 ·
Funny thing is I took my brother out a few years back and rigged up everything for him and gave him step by step instructions. His first time on the boat and he pulls in a 10lber. My clue for that catch was beginners luck. I chalk it up to timing and persistance. Fortunately for him, no persistance was required, but timing was on the money.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.