Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished south of 360 from 5a-8a.   The weather was incredible;  70 degress, low humidity, flat water, no wind, and a little fog.   Quite a bit of debris from the first rain in decades the past couple of days.   Tom lost a big one on a magnificent jump completely out of the water.   All three of these fish were caught right off main ditches, directly on the points of each.   They wanted nothing but the cotton candy senko -- just too hard to pass up.  ;D Great morning overall we didn't know what to think after the big one early came unbuttoned. But just a few casts later latched into this 6.45 at 6:45a and I was calling it a 10lber the whole way in.   Until it got to the scale.   Great fight nonetheless with the hook coming out while he was in the net.   The other two were also some nice fighters.   Off the water 8a sharp to save the back for another fishing day.  Hopefully the evening bite will pick up with the rec boats coming off the water.  But in the meantime, the morning is hard to beat.
Cary

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Nice work! Main ditches? I wonder what that's supposed to mean. I always get curious about different angler's definitions of certain features. It seems as though not all anglers use the same words to describe the same features. So what do you mean by these "main ditches?"

·
Registered
140 Posts
So they're still in there...very niiiice, very niiice!

I spent the weekend dove hunting, got about 50 up near Whitney, TX...couldn't resist logging in here tonight, good to see someone got after it here this weekend :)

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Yeah, see, to me "main ditches" would mean fishing ditches on the main lake leading to the main creek or river channel that are found offshore on flat type areas. More of an offshore type of thing. I personally can't think of many areas like that on Lake Austin, so that's why I was curious. I think you are right though. It does sound like he's talking about the mouths of creek channels or sloughs on the main lake...particularly on those small points that you mentioned.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Went out again yesterday morning and the same pattern held up amazingly.   Caught a decent limit biggest being about 3 pounds.   Went out again today, but during the heat of the day and got skunked.  Interestingly, the water was as clear as I've seen it in some time.  It's beyond me catching fish during the heat of the day on LA right now.  The same patterns don't seem to hold up and you can crank for only so long under the bridge.  Maybe they all just go under the grass beds and laugh at all the senkos that get bounced around. :D

It sure is easy having a good time though.   See you out on the water.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.