Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LA 8/9 and 8/10

Me and my neighbor buddy went both days.

8/9

Stayed above QP most of the morning. I only got 1 fish and missed 4 good hits :mad: . Neighbor got 5 with 4 being keepers from what I remember. All on topwater. This was a short two hour trip so we never made it to deeper water.

Water is warm enough that the carp have invaded at QP and above. What a mess and a lot of water noise.

8/10

Decided to start at a new spot on topwater. Had one about 6lbs throw my topwater. Later had one about 4-5 lbs throw it and then another 4-5 lber throw it. Finally got a 3 lber. Neighbor got six and all were right at keepers but nothing over 2 lbs. He had one about 3 lbs throw it.

At last, got hit with a 6.8 lber which was real nice and I saw her coming up off a ledge. Luckily I stayed patient and got a good hookset. Would have been one hell of a bag if I had gotten the other 3 above that threw my bait.

It was a wierd pattern and we stayed topwater as it was producing. Off the water at 10:00am.

Damn it! Forgot how to post pic. Let me go back to the instructions.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re:  LA 8/9 and 8/10

Fish was 24" and had a head that would match an 8lb fish. She was pretty skinny actually.

Cell phone picture as I forgot to put batteries in my camera. Looks like I flipped everybody off as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.