Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out of Quinlan at 6am, met a few ABFers at the ramp (ghphotography, Ranger R77, and a couple who's names have escaped the ol' gray matter).

Started at the docks just north of the ramp with a Sammy, then a Power Worm, then a spinnerbait. Nothing.

Picked up my friend Danny and went downlake to some boat docks with grass patches in front and Danny got a redear on a small crankbait. I went to a red Zoom Trick Worm, got nothin'.

Crossed the lake and hit the grass lines by the bluffs there and landed a 12" LMB on the Trick Worm.

Talked to several kayakers in front of the Fat Farm who said they were being skunked as well.

Went north of Quinlan and fished some grass lines by the bluffs up thar. No bites.

Got too hot and decided to call it a morning at 10am. By then the park looked like a ski/pleasure boat regatta was going on, no parking, with boats and trailers lined up on Quinlan Park Rd. waiting to launch.

Finally got some fish... Danny and I had lunch at Springhill, so I loaded up on catfish that had been released into Lake Crisco.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Went out of Quinlan at 6am, met a few ABFers at the ramp (ghphotography, Ranger R77
I launched at Quinlan as well this morning (about 5:45). Must have just missed you, I fished the bluffs, hazard area and grass noth of the park. All I mangaged was two unders, 1 on a swim bait and 1 on a ghost CB. Lost one other small one on the CB. I did see a couple of followers on the old SB but they just didn't want it that bad. At least I didn't get skunked.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
We gave it our best this morning starting at 6AM at QP on LA and Robert caught 4 smallies, biggest at 15" and no LMB for me. Thanks to the HUGE sunperch, I wasn't akunked. haha
Cal and Ivan had a slow morning also. I'm gonna hit Lake Georgetown this evening with Robert possibly.
Frank caught about 7 smallies also out of his aluminum boat. Robert caught his on a twitch worm, no bites on the swimbait. I threw a zellpop and watermelon red rattlesnake TS all morning and no bites. Tough morning of fishing.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Those are nice pictures ghphotography. We'll get them next time. Good luck tonight if you go... 8)

Tight lines...

·
Registered
9,803 Posts
Nice to of met Fishin_Steeler and see Basstrack again.

Yes tough fishing. Caught three bass to 15" on ZellPop within three casts! Then cold fishing for awhile till I hook a good fish and lost him. I was using a Tiki Worm with a standard 1/0 worm hook. Switched to a 4/0 wide gap and was abe to catch another bass before we got ran off the lake by a bunch of ski boats. Again, fishing in a 10 foot pelican boat and seeing ski boats on both sides of you. There was a barefoot skier with atleast 50 feet of rope back, running 40+ mph up and down the lake. I would like to know what kind of gas mileage he got.... :D

Still fun on the H2O....Hope to try again real soon!

The bite I found to be on the edge of the hydrilla, casting from the middle of the river towards the edge. Next time, we will start there at 7am , versus trying to play chicken with ski boats at 10am... ;D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.