Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wasnt out there very long and found some gps coordinates i wanted to try out so I was marking waypoints most of the time. Got into what looked like a decent spot around 9:30pm and caught 3 keepers in 10-15 ft water over some grass north of Emma Long /City Park with the largest being 2 lbs 11oz, which is now my boat record for my new boat, ha. All 3 caught within 20 mins of each other on a TR black/blue 5" sinko type.

stopped at the lights on the way back, but I have yet to ever even get a tap there, which is discouraging when you can see the shadows of good size fish.

fun night.

~BE

· Registered
105 Posts
Those lights skunk me. I get a lot of followers but no takers. My fishing partner has grabbed two on a Wacky Worm over 3 visits.

I have thrown jigs, topwaters, crankbaits, senko's, rattlesnakes, swimbaits, spinnerbaits, damn near everything and all they will do is follow.

I have gotten to the point that I will stop there for 10 minutes just to entertain myself watching them swim after my lure and then turn away but I do not spend any time there.

I do recall another post a while back talking about using a tandem (2 jig) spec rig like those used on trout at the coast but I have not tried it.

I even used small crankbaits and topwaters that are similar in size to the baitfish I always see swimming the lights and get nothing.

Weemo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.