Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Launched at around 5:30am at 360 bridge. Lots of boats with ramp parking full. Must have been a Tourney.

We decided to be nice and gave some guys in a Ski Boat a tow which took up about 45 minutes.

Under a time crunch and only fished for 2-1/2 hours after the towing. Nearly all bass on topwater along the rocky bank with the nice houses that ends with the flag pole point. Caught 10 with half of them keepers but nothing over 2.5lbs. Missed just as many on short strikes and fast hooksets so it was a decent time other than sizes. Also had decent action around Hula Huts but missed 5 out of 6 hooksets on Topwater.

On another note there was a post about "Chanting Muslims" or whatever the hell that is going on at the top of the cliff above the bridge and boat ramp. Well, this morning it was going on and then a shot fired. Maybe it wasn't a gun but it sure sounded like a gun. Made both of us jump pretty good. Anybody know the real story on this?

Weemo

·
Registered
66 Posts
I launched at 360 about 5:45 or 6:00 and it heard also. I heard it again 15 minutes later. I think it was a backfire but am not sure.

This was only my 2nd trip to LA. My first trip was 5 or so years ago. I only had one strike today. A bass tried to swallow my Yellow Magic and of course i yanked it out of its mouth.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe it was a backfire but it sounded like it came from the bluff.

As for LA, it takes a little time to learn the lake and put some patterns together. You really have to keep it mixed up in order to stay on the fish as they are constantly on the move with this lake. I have over a dozen main spots that I hit and try and hit new areas at least every other time I am out there in order to expand the options. I keep 9-10 rods on the deck rigged for different patterns in order to be successful and usually have 1-2 experiments with new lures, rigs, and/or techniques that I throw for a few minutes each trip.

Once you do get on the consistent action the lake can be addictive as you never know when you will nail something between 6-12lbs and 4-5lb fish can be a common occurance. I am still on the hunt for the double digit bass.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Basically that is what I am trying to do, learn the lake. Today was more of an educational trip. I fish Bastrop and Stillhouse both of which are 50 plus miles away for me. The 360 launch is 8 miles away and LA has some pigs.

·
Banned
1,799 Posts
Derrell and I fished from midight to 6:00 a.m. and it sucked.

When loading the boat up at the ramp a ski boat ahd launched.  He made a quick run, turned, and then pow with a puff of smoke.  I believe his engine backfired when running in front of the ramp.

As far as the chanting, heard nothing.

We did here two loud sounds that echoed around the hills though.  Kinda sounded like small artillery or a high brass load from a shotgun.

oh yeah there were 2 major parties happening and "lounging" that we got to witness around 2:30 a.m.
I personally liked the "spanking" scene at one of the parties ;).

No moon, very dark, sllooooww bite, but somehow it's always justified just to be on the water without the heat and traffic.

kp

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is probably Voodoo smoke effects or maybe they have some spanking of their own going on and it is the slap of the paddle.

I will say this, I am not about to spotlight them or go up that trail at night.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Big Sandy had a tourny Sunday morning from 4am - noon. My partner and I decided to sleep in and launched at 6am. We heard the Muslims up there and I heard two shots that sounded like it came from the top of the cliff. The fishing was slow to start with, so we joked about putting on some camo and running up the cliff screaming like Rambo and holding an American Flag. However, we thought better of it with the shotgun or cannon going off ;D

Dwayne

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.