Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
4,330 Posts
5873726F746C755774757C737469751B0 said:
Looks like a bigmouth to me.  
I agree, thanks for the report. I hope to be out there tomorrow morning.

· Registered
4,330 Posts
1E282F2F245D0 said:
yea i wasnt sure, its mouth seemed a little small to me and i havnt seen alot of guadalupe, it had a full belly though like it was full of eggs
That's the thing about LA fish. They dine very well. I rarely catch a skinny fish out there. They are chunky! and to be fair the picture is a little blurry, hard to get a good look.

· Premium Member
3,622 Posts
Isn't that a Atlanta Braves hat?

Seeing Bama' fans in your sleep there Auburn? It's ok, some of us Horns fans too :(, hopefully Gilbert is out for revenge! ;D.

Looks like a largemouth to me, but we've seen some odd breed photos on ABF before, wouldn't surprise me if that fish is a little of both.

· Registered
2,271 Posts
2138262C3F22224D0 said:
check the back patch of its tongue. If it's smooth, its a Large mouth. If it has a rough patch, its a guad
Sorry, but this alone is actually an inaccurate way to tell the difference between a largemouth and spot. "Tongue Patch. Spotted bass will have a rough patch on their tongues. It is important not to use this characteristic by itself, because largemouth can have this patch as well." You've got to use a combo of things...

1. Jaw Bone. As mentioned by a few of web site visitors, the jaw bone of a spotted bass does not extend past the eye.
2. Cheek Scales. Scales around the eye area, cheek, are much smaller than the scales along the length of the body. On largemouth, the scales on the ckeek and the rest of the body are similar in size.
3. Tongue Patch. Spotted bass will have a rough patch on their tongues. It is important not to use this characteristic by itself, because largemouth can have this patch as well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.