Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit Lake Austin yesterday from 5:30-9:30.  Fishing was extremely tough right off the start, didn't get a solid bite for the first 2 hours.  I was getting extremely frustrated with this lake, as I hadn't been on good fish my last two trips.  We have been graphing a 25 degree difference in water temperatures on different ends of the lake and quite frankly, we have been running around the lake lost for the last two weeks.  Finally at about 7:30, we started to get bit. The fish seem to be held TIGHT to cover that is adjacent or sitting right over deeper water.  We ended up catching 4 keepers on shakey head, including my friend's new PB, which scaled out just under 8 lbs.  We only got pictures of 2 of our fish.  

A little chunk for me

A toader for my buddy Joey

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Re: LA 7/19....new PB for my buddy

Awesome!!! Congrats on the PB!!!

I'm gonna be out there tonight for a club tourney from 10-6am. Have they still been releasing a ton of water? What are the water temps around both ends, if anyone knows?

Thanks and, again, CONGRATS ON THE PB!!! :D

·
Registered
11,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They have been releasing a lot of water lately, making it extremely difficult to fish the main lake up north.  Hard to hold a spot.  On Tuesday we graphed water ranging from 63 degrees a mile north of Quinlan to 89 at the slalom course down south.  Yesterday, water was a little cooler down south with the highest temps being in the mid 80's, 81 near 360 and we didnt make it farther north than that.  On Tuesday, water temps were in the mid 70's around city park and mid to high 60's around Quinlan.  It has made life tough out there quite frankly.  

Oh yeah and if anyone has a backseat tonight, I will show you where we caught them  ;D.  I officially have the itch.  

773 241 4129

·
Registered
290 Posts
I went out to LA for the first time on Wed. Got to City Park?? (off Lake Austin Blvd) later than I wanted about 8:30 or so. Water temp was 86. Color was very stained with a lot of debris in the water. Caught my first LA dink around 9:15. About 16-17" around a dock close to the ramp. Caught 2 more unders before noon on flukes. Thats all I had the pleasure of putting in the boat. At least I didn't get skunked. Went for a 10-12 mile ride north(not sure how far that is) and the temp was 68!! And very clear. Fished some grass beds but not a bite. What a beautiful lake !! I had a great time just getting on the water for the first time in weeks. The bad news was..... someone backed their trailer into my Titan at the parking lot and did major damage to the front bumper.  :mad:And naturally didn't leave a note. What are you gonna do?? Other than that.... I had a great time on you guys Lake Austin and I look forward to coming back soon.

·
Registered
11,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Probably the most entertaining part was watching us try to land it without a net and with his 10 pound test haha. I finally just bear hugged the dam thing (I almost went for a swim) and flopped it in the boat, it just wouldn't open its mouth and it didnt want to be anywhere near that boat haha.

·
Registered
15 Posts

60786765550 said:
Awesome!!! Congrats on the PB!!!

I'm gonna be out there tonight for a club tourney from 10-6am. Have they still been releasing a ton of water? What are the water temps around both ends, if anyone knows?

how was the tourney??

·
Registered
1,791 Posts

596A73496A731D0 said:
[quote author=60786765550 link=1282322167/0#1 date=1282323119]Awesome!!! Congrats on the PB!!!

how was the tourney??[/quote]

It went great. The fishing wasn't so hot, tho. Gotta admit that... ::) I ZEROED!!! ;D. I do have an excuse, tho. Just bought a boat the previous day and while I fished hard between 360 and the hula hut, I also spent a good bit running it around, working with the electronics, etx and then I needed to take a good and long nap from 3-5am!!! :) Basically, the results weren't much better than the last two wed night tourneys. The guy who won it had 3 fish for 8.6 including the lunker at 4.7. Second place had two fish for 4.6 and then it trailed off from there. Most people had at least one small fish.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.