Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Launched at Quinlan Park today at 6:30AM with my Dad in the kayaks. Decided to fish a few hours, then leave.

Time: 6:30AM-9AM
Weather: 83 degrees, overcast. Winds light at 5MPH, picking up to 8MPH by 9AM.
H2O: 72.3 degrees, 3'-4' visibility.

Started out across from the ramp, and ended up having a fish steal my bait on the first cast.  ::) That would be a common theme throughout the morning.

Caught my 1st dink about 15mins after that fish that stole the bait.

Took awhile to get another bite, got bit around 8:45AM. Got 5 bites in 5 casts under 1 tree, lost 5 Rattlesnakes.  :mad: Pissed me off. Finally got the stupid fish about 5mins later, only 12" fish.  ::)

Slow day, caught 3, my Dad caught 5. My biggest was 13", no keeps. All on TX-rigged Rattlesnakes.

Lots of idiots on wakeboards early, driving on the wrong side of the lake.

Just going to stick to LT, I can't figure LA out.

· Registered
1,180 Posts
Hey rmv, I saw you today... I was the guy fishing solo in blue/white Skeeter. You did better than I did... only got one, but it was a keeper... barely. Like you it was on a weightless T-rigged Rattlesnake, but I had a split shot about 18" up the line.

That gunshot sounded pretty close, didn't it? :eek:

· Registered
126 Posts
Well after reading these post I don't feel quite so bad, but it wasn't a great day for me either. After saying hi to Regan this morning I did manage to catch 5 fish, dinks but atleast I caught a few. It was looking pretty bad for me this morning. My fishing partner did manage to catch one that went about 4 lbs around 11:00am. Oh btw we were the guys in the blue and white sprint. And waterskiers before 7 am , those guys are dedicated.

· Banned
1,780 Posts
rmvfishing said:

Caught my 1st dink about 15mins after that fish that stole the bait.

Took awhile to get another bite, got bit around 8:45AM. Got 5 bites in 5 casts under 1 tree, lost 5 Rattlesnakes.  :mad: Pissed me off. Finally got the stupid fish about 5mins later, only 12" fish.  ::)
RMV, there's a post in another section on how to properly rig a rattlesnake that will prevent losing the bait as often ;).

I agree on LA- it's kicked my hiney pretty good this year.
Just gonna stick with Stillhouse from here on out.

kp

· Registered
122 Posts
[glb]Lots of idiots on wakeboards early, driving on the wrong side of the lake. [/glb]

The only right side of the lake for THEM is above Mansfield or below Longhorn Dams!

T

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.