Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the wife and another couple on the water to enjoy a day of sun, thought I'd try my luck in the heat of the day.

After putting my 20ft Stratos through the ringer with all the wakeboat waves kicking my arse, I meandered up the lake to some quieter areas. Forgive my lack of knowledge on the lake, as this was my third trip there.

Point is, started fishing around 1, and quickly hooked a dink. Was slinging a c-rig tipped with a 6" yammy grub, targeting docks from afar, when suddenly I got hammered. Straight dead weight.

I can't tell you how many times images of some of these monsters ran through my head. Be forwarned, I consider myself to be a decent fisherman, and have been fortunate enough to catch several sizes of several species, and am a proud member of the double digit bass club. This fish owned me for about 5 minutes as I chased it down with my t-motor. 12lb test, med action rod (prefer when I c-rig) and had to thumb the spool to keep the line from snapping.

Imagine my disappointment when I finally hauled in a 9lb flathead. BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I will be back, and I will continue my quest..lol.

Can someone help me find out how to reach QP ramp? I was on 620 yesterday by UT golf club, and saw a sign...is it really that far from Welch?

· Registered
550 Posts
THAT IS THE FIRST POST I HAVE SEEN SINCE I JOINED THIS SITE OF A CATFISH ON THAT LAKE. SOUNDS LIKE A LOT OF FUN. ANY PICS? I AM WONDERING IF YOU HAD ANY MORE LMB IN THE BOAT BESIDES THAT DINK. KEEP PLUGGIN AWAY.

· Registered
2,297 Posts
To reach QP take Quinlan Park road off 620. Stay on it through Steiner Ranch until it dead ends into the lake and you are there.

John

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lunker-

my best friends wife has the pics on her camera. Will upload when she gets them over to me. It was a chunk, and I'm still mystified of the fight it put up. I swore on the spot I had a double digit.

Believe it or not, the dink was my only bass. All the reeds were muddy from the wave action, and it was tough to hold on any spots I wanted to try. I had a responsibility to keep my passengers safe, so I wasn't about to park it in the middle and fish like I wanted to and expect all the boats to see me from their beer goggles. No thanks....lol

JT- Thanks for the input!

Hoping to hit either LA or Choke this weekend, so I'll keep you posted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.