Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished south of 360 Friday morning and finally caught some fish.   Started out in ACC and Tom caught a prehistoric gar on a senko.  We estimated it at 36 inches and close to 5 pounds.  I looked at TPWD and they are saying 3.91 is the lake record?  We have a picture, but it was dark and we didn't want to come close to that thing.   I'd never seen a gar strip drag like that before.   I'm sure plenty have been caught over 3.91, but not the most desired of records.

Moved down a ways towards Westlake Marina with no luck.   Tom decided to buy a SPRO frog after the past couple of Wednesday reports and bingo.    He caught this nice one at 6a under some overhanging brush.    

Water temp had cooled off, and it was nice to have the lake to ourselves.   First time we've had 5 keepers in a while so I thought I'd make a post.   It's been a tough lake lately to fish, but it's nice to have lowered expectations.  It makes you appreciate even the 'barely keeps.'    It's got to turn on soon, and judging from the report on Thursday morning, perhaps the mornings are starting to produce.

Senkos are catching barely keeps and the frog is appartently the lure of choice lately.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Nice report guys! That big un is a fatty. I had to fight the urge this morning on the drive to work to run back to the house and grab the gear for a morning session.   ;) Will have more time to fish next week so can't wait to get back out there!

D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.