Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't make it to the TTZ last night so I decided to try my luck on Lake Austin this morning.  Launch at Quinlan about 7am and started off throwing a toad over the grass with only one blow up from what looked to be about a six inch bass.  Moved around some with no luck and finally moved out to 18 to 20 foot depth dragging a c-rig through rocks.  I picked up several fish including a 5 pounder and a 3 pounder.  Flipped a jig a little in the same areas and caught some smaller fish in the shallows.  Moved to some docks and caught a few more on senkos and swimbaits.  I was throwing a six-inch swiimbait and couldn't catch a keeper with it.  The only keeper I sort of caught on the swimbait hit it two casts in a row.  Threw back in with a Senko and finally caught it.  Caught around 12 fish with my best five going a little over 13 pounds.  Got off the water about 1pm.  

The rain squelched the rec traffic pretty well... for a while anyway.   The water temp was 78 degrees and the winds were light with the exception of when the storm went through.

I've fished Lake Austin twice in the last week and was drenched by heavy rainfall both times.  If it keeps up I may be able to single-handedly end the drought!

·
Registered
766 Posts
EdM I believe that was you I past a few time on the bank north of city park...We also caught 12 but the fish was not the quality you caught did manage one big white on a spinner bait when it was raining and then the bass turned on mostly dinks except for one three pound fish.Fished mainly texas rig worms in watermelonred color and seemed to do the trick.Did see a bunch of big carp for you carp fisherman also...

·
Registered
159 Posts
6A6D70766B63717D040 said:
EdM I believe that was you I past a few time on the bank north of city park...We also caught 12 but the fish was not the quality you caught did manage one big white on a spinner bait when it was raining and then the bass turned on mostly dinks except for one three pound fish.Fished mainly texas rig worms in watermelonred color and seemed to do the trick.Did see a bunch of big carp for you carp fisherman also...
One of the best lakes in Texas for them. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.