Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
7/26 (Previously under my last post)

Topwater Bite came back to the grass around QP but lasted about 30 minutes from 6:30 to 7:00. Third cast grabbed one in about 12" of water that went about 6lbs another around 4lbs in 6-7ft of water at the weed edge and one about 2lbs in 4ft of water in the middle of the weed flat. Caught one more keeper in deeper water by CP on a TR-GBRS-WMRF and then dragged up at 9:00.

Ran into Wurm and he has some pics of these fish.

7/27
Neighbor Buddy got back and town and he and I went down towards Hula Huts and got into them on Topwaters early which included a short fat 4.5-5lb, a couple of keepers and several dinks. We had 9 in all. Most on Topwater but I grabbed a couple on TR-GBRS-WMRF. Dropped him off at 360 and grabbed the wife and kids for some messing around and managed to catch a 3lb and 2lb on the reeds with the TR-GBRS-WMRF.

Decent day with the 4.5-5lb adding some size and fun early on with the topwater.

Learned not to wait until after 11:00 to get off the lake at 360. Was backing up to give some lady in a ski boat some extra room which was not needed but she seemed to think so and a young teenager wipped his jet ski around at the back of my boat while I was in reverse motion. Bilge pump even kicked in for the event :mad: !!!

Weemo

· Registered
4,330 Posts
Nice pics and fish. Thanks for the report for us who couldn't get out this weekend.

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wurm,

Thanks for posting the pics. I need to lose some weight so they look bigger. They all look like 2-3lb and a dink.

I am 6'3" and 330 so everything looks small and fits small and my boat lists to one side if I am by myself.

That one fish does look different. Hybrid Smallmouth/Black Bass with the bronze hue to its color. ;D

Weemo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.