Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished from 7-9:00pm Monday Between CP and Quinlin. Had a couple taps on the senko, and caught 2, 3-4LB on a flutter spoon. Very interesting... One was in about 8' of water over a gravel bar, and the other was in front of a deeper dock (maybe 12' or so). My temp is out on my boat. If anyone has current temps around Quinlin please post them up.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Seems like this heat wave we are experiencing has effected the fish bite everywhere. Texas fishing is awesome, but it sure gets slow around this time of the year. During this time of the year I prefer to do more night fishing. It’s still slower than normal, but at least you can enjoy your time on the water in a much milder climate.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Last Friday I read 65 degrees at Quinlan, 76 at CP, and 79 at the 360 bridge. This was between 7 and 10am. I had the wife and grandson, and was just taking them for an outing in the boat.......very little fishing.

·
Registered
637 Posts
How were you fishing the spoon?  I've never fished one, but here was something I found....

Fishing the Lake Fork Flutter Spoon is much different than fishing a regular jigging spoon, fishing this bait is more like retrieving a Texas rig with more exaggerated motions and longer strokes. Start by making a long cast which is very easy with the size and weight of these spoons and letting the spoon flutter down on limp line. Slack line is very important to the success of a flutter spoon, limp or slack line gives the bait its natural fluttering action similar to a dying shad and this provokes the instinctual feeding mechanism of big bass. Once the bait hits bottom, reel up your slack, holding your rod around the nine o’clock position. Raise your rod to the twelve o’clock or even 1 o’clock position, pulling the spoon way up off the bottom. Some days you want to raise the spoon very briskly, while other days a slow steady lift works better. Once you’ve lifted the spoon, leave slack in the line and let it fall naturally back to the bottom. Repeat this process all the way to the boat, make sure to leave slack in the line each time it drops for that fluttering action that makes this bait work. If the fish are suspended instead of on the bottom, follow this same process, except count the bait down to the desired depth instead of letting it fall all the way to the bottom.

You'll detect hits in two different ways on this spoon, they will feel like a very sharp thump or you will see your line jump on the fall. As soon as either one of these signs is felt or seen set the hook immediately. You will find that bass will often strike this spoon several times before hooking up, if you detect a strike and miss it continue your retrieve and hold on!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.