Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a quick report from yesterday. Fished the afternoon around city park area and north a little. Caught a few, biggest was around 2lbs on a white crank. Caught a few more on a junebug colored zoom worm. Also on monday I fished basically the same area and pulled about 5 dinks all around 1 pound in a 50 yard stretch across from CP. Couldn't really find any bigger fish.

As a side note, I think I caught a cat (not a fish) this week. I usually leave my poles in my boat when I get home from fishing. Well I saw one of my poles hanging over the side and the line was down on the ground. I picked up the line and it went all the way around the carport, about 30 feet was pulled out, and nothing on the end as it looked like it had snapped. My neighbors have like 10 freakin cats that hang out at their house so I'm guessing one of them was snooping around in the boat and got snagged. Yesterday I finally realized that I was missing a big rapala dt16, which is what I had on that pole :eek:

·
Registered
11,981 Posts
haha that hilarious, years ago I was fishing in indiana and left a couple of poles on the deck of our cabin overnight. I woke up in the morning to find one of my poles dragged to the edge of the deck. The line had been broken. Later that evening we spotted a raccoon with my #3 Mepps Black Fury hanging from his mouth. He was pretty pissed off and needless to say, I didn't get the lure back.

·
Registered
903 Posts
If I knew that's all it takes to get rid of them then I would have done that months ago ;D. Those damn cats get under the boat cover and who knows what they do :mad:. Cat trap is next.
deb

P.S. Don't think I'm against cat's but I don't like them messing up my stuff

·
Registered
686 Posts
There is a great article in Bassmaster magazine from earlier this year that talks about Skeet and how he learned to fish and flip. He said he and his buddy would have cat tournaments in the hood where they grew up. Said they would put a plug on the line, remove the hooks and wrap it up with string... then go around the neighbor hood casting under cars and under bushes where the cats wouild hide. He said their claws would get caught in the string and the could yank them out and bag them. Who ever had the most cats at the end of the day won the tournament. Wish I'd thought of something like that as a kid. ;D

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hey guys
Let's not be so down on cats. I'm not a cat lover (unfortunately, my wife is) but all animals including us two legged ones, are hunters. It's a basic instinct. That's how we've survived the last million or so years. Anything that looks or smells like food, a cat ,a fox, a coyote, or whatever is going to check it out. Let's use a little smarts or some basic human compassion and put your lures, knives and other dangerous things away. Next time it might be somone's child that thinks oh, how pretty, and grabs up your DD22, and for those of you who've never been around childen, the very first thing a child does with anything, is put it in it's mouth. Duhuuh.
BB :(

·
Registered
903 Posts
My comment was just a joke. I am the most compassionate person when It comes to all animals. Hell sometime I even stop and help a turtle cross the road that I don't think will make it. :p. It's just really irritating to come home from a day of fishing, clean and vacume the boat, put all tackle away in the garage, put the cover on it so it can be nice and clean the next time we go out. Then in the morning you get up and take the cover off just to find cat throw-up and other mess they have left behind. It causes damage and costly repair. Any suggestions will be appreciated. And Cigarrett sorry to hijack the post :)
deb

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hey everyone. Had the same issue with cats as everyone else. Was just about to use a high powered pellet gun to remedy the problem but found out Cats don't like Moth balls. So started putting around 6 moth balls behind the seats and another 6 in the backwash area of the boat, and three on the front casting deck, while its covered. Might be overkill of old people smell, but my daughter wouldn't let me kill the thing.. Had a really good idea with smashed glass and canned tuna :eek: but the moth balls seem to be working :-/..

·
Registered
23 Posts
I hear they really enjoy the flavor of anti-freeze, but it gives them a bit of a tummy ache.  :p

8 pumps on a Benjamin will work as well though (personal experience), just be sure to go for a lung shot so they can make it a block or two before they drop!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.