Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got on the water about 6:30 am at 360 ramp, fished towards Travis hitting docks and a couple of favorite spots etc.  Ended up with a good 8 LMB and a few bluegill which were going after baits almost larger than they are?  Most of our fish were caught on Lucky Craft CB's, I know I said it last time I posted, but I am sold on these lures, I am not sure I can buy anything else!  

Our fish ranged from 1.5, 2's, 3.2 to my brothers personal best 6.4!  We have not been fishing long enough to have double digit personal bests but I have never seen a smile on his face like the one he had when he got this fish in the boat!  My heart was pounding for him as I saw his rod bent over!  He landed this on a Lucky Craft Fat CB DR in I think Ghost Minnow.  Those are awesome baits.  

Overall a great day on the water very productive with some quality fish, I will give up quantity to get quality any day.  Here is a shot of the 6.4 according to the scale.

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, it was a healthy looking fish, I did not mention where we landed this and I do not mind saying where either, but LA is so hard to describe I'll do my best. I believe it was in an inlet just before you get to City Park on the same side of the lake as City Park. It is the inlet that if you go back far enough there is a little bridge that leads to another large section. The bridge is used by vehicles to the access the housing in that area. We almost took the boat in there but we were already in 2 ft of water according to the fishfinder. Does anybody know about this little area and has anyone been on the other side of the bridge? Looked promising with lots of vegetation and fish habitat.

· Registered
2,297 Posts
Great report shamgar and nice fish too, congrats to your brother. Those Lucky Craft CBs are expensive but are very high quality. I have a Pointer 97MR but I haven't used it very much.

· Registered
4 Posts
I live close to Lake Austin and spend lots of time on the water. Wish I could say that I catch lots of fish! Of all the places I fish, the most consistent bite is throwing a plastic under that bridge and slowly bouncing it along the bottom (Turkey Creek....which is what you are referencing.) There is lots of water moving under that bridge due to lake being regulated or rain and the bass lay on the bottom feeding on anything moving back and forth.

· Registered
528 Posts
do you guys think they might be crappie under there ???

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.