Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished LA Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Cloudy in the AM and clearing towards 11:00am each day and water temps from near 70F lower lake to 58F up near Quinlan. Friday I had 3 6lb'ers and 2 3lb'ers as mentioned in Starkfishes post. Saturday I nailed a 11lb-8oz Toad on a bed at 7:30am for my first fish and caught around 6 others from 2-6lbs. Sunday I passed on a lot of fish up to 7lbs and tried a couple around 8-9lbs but they were skittish or well learned on what was in front of them. Had one around 8lbs come unbuckled so she is smart now too. Ended up with 2 around 2-3lbs and one chunky 5lber. Spent most of my time with the TM on high looking for Double Digits.

Here is a pic of the 11-8:

Thanks to the ABF'er that took the pictures.

On another note I got home and noticed my tire on the trailer was crooked. Jacked it up and pulled the tire right off after removing the hub cap. Hub cap was the only thing holding it on. Evidently the sealed oil bath in the hub leaked and everything shredded on the way home. Damn lucky.

Out of commision for a few weeks it appears. Under warranty but who knows what that fiasco will involve.

That is one way to wrap up the bed fishing season on LA but I hope not to repeat. Good run over the past 6 weeks.

Weemo

·
Registered
113 Posts
What a fish. Congrats and thanks again for your help. I couldn't make it out on Saturday but I did get a couple of hours in this afternoon. I too kept the trolling motor on high looking for double digits. I did catch one around 7 but that's about it this afternoon. See you on the water soon I hope.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
WTG, Nice fish. Glad you made it home it is bad to lose a bearing on the road been there.LOL

·
Registered
637 Posts
Nice to meet you Billy. I enjoyed taking those pics. And thanks for the tips. We ended up toying around with one we thought was about 10 pounds, but she must have already been worked over.

Great catch and see you out there next time.

Cheers-

Cary

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.