Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two part report.
First, [highlight]DO NOT PARK AT 360 BRIDGE[/highlight], got there at 6am returned back at 3pm and found my Ford had been broken into, 2 grand in damage to my truck and the attendent still wanted there 10 bucks for parking. No love there. :mad:
Second, fishing was good, several 2 pounders at City park on spinnerbait, caught 3 lb and 51/2 lb at ramp near Walshes,(where I should have parked) on Red ring worm black core.

·
Registered
184 Posts
That's ridiculous man, wonder if the city has any cameras there? Did you take any pictures and do the criminal report with local police? I sure would have. A fun day of fishing is fine and dandy but 2 grand worth of damage at a paid parking launch would light my political fire...

·
Registered
87 Posts
SPOTmako,

Sorry to hear about your damages. Contact Travis County Transportation & Natural (Parks) Resources Department for information related to security at this area. I am retired from TNR and believe they are still in charge of this ramp. See there contact info in the link below.

http://www.co.travis.tx.us/tnr/parks/loop_360.asp

There like any other Gov. org., so when you call get ready to go through some loops to find out any info, but please do because they need to know and at least make a record of it.

Did you call or report to the Travis County Sheriff's Office TCSO?

Paul

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Sorry to hear about the truck. Random acts of vandalism and theft are no surprise as 360 resides next to one of the biggest slums in Austin...I think the neighborhood is called West Lake and you really have to watch your back in that area.

I've had my truck broken into twice over the years and both times it was parked in the overflow area due to the summer crowds. It was my fault though as I had screens in the rear headrests and left my dvd player screen up front in the viewing position. I've heard of several instances where vehicles have been broken into inside the park as well but the chances are greater if you park outside under the bridge.

It sucks things like this happen but it can happen anywhere. 360 is a pretty safe place and I've used that ramp almost twice a week, mostly in the evenings, for over 3 years now with no problems.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did call Travis County Parks and did make a report. Im just a bit upset that I lost my Smith & Wesson model 60, I got it as a graduation gift from the Police Academy 30 years ago. :'( and to see my girlfriend who fishes her heart out all day and ends up with one fish and to loose her purse pisses me off.
Thanks for your support

·
Registered
104 Posts
Man that that really sux about your truck and you S&W. I have a red BMW and i park under that bridge all the time and i have had no problems. Have seen some pretty shady looking people hanging out there at night though. Oh wait that was all of the TTZ1 and ABF er's drinking beer after a Wednesday night tourney my bad. LOL!! I cannot believe you still had to pay after the breakin. That really SUX IMO!!!

·
Registered
9,803 Posts
Tim/GF,
sorry to hear this...

Today, Gene and I launched at Quinlian Park. Gene got skunked and I only caught 4 dinks...Lost several nice fish, due to poor hookup. Oh well, should of launched at Walsh Landing, I guess. Nice to be on the h20...

Robert

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
POSTING THIS INFORMATION FOR TIM ABOUT THE VEHICLE AND SUSPECT THAT BROKE INTO HIS TRUCK AT THE BOAT RAMP UNDER THE 360 BRIDGE:

Suspect vehicle and Suspect in Break in of SPOTmako's truck, Monday morning at Loop 360 ramp.

LOOK OUT FOR A: White Chrysler 300 4 door
( like model show in the picture)
SUSPECT; white or hisapnic male, 25 to 30 years old
5 foot 5 to 6 foot tall ,Medium to heavy build.
Black straight ear length hair, and a black mustache.
Was seen in Wal Mart at Sunset Valley wearing a UT ball cap with a white stripe on the top of the bill of the cap. White t-shirt, blue jeans, Black shoes
At the ramp he had out about 6 rods fishing from the wooden dock.
IF you see this car please get the license plate and CALL ME or PM it to me.

Thanks,

Tim 750-5047

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.