Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit LA this morning with Alan (7a-12p). He was doing his usual trying to catch a decent sack while I was pursuing the real beast of Lake Austin, the elusive gasper goo. The bass were a bit hit and miss, picking up one or two every half hour. Ill let Alan dive a little more into it.

I did manage to hook into a solid gasper. Good thing I had Alan on the trolling motor to chase this guy down. Took about 5 minutes of getting dragged around before I could finally wrassle the 'goo in. The X-tool measured out at 22.04, my personal best gasper. Here are a couple of pics.

· Banned
1,633 Posts
GGB,

Good seeing you and the old man on the lake.  You definitely lived up to your screen name on that one.  I guess the question now is; who gets to clean the gasper slime off the front deck?

Fishing was about the same for me.  I was out from about 8am -11:00 and had a sporadic bite as well.  Caught a few keepers in the 15-17 inch range on a Tx-rig on the lower end.  The high light of the 3 hours was a large red ear perch that was larger than my hand.  It was good to finally get the boat out and spend some time on the water after being out of town.

PS:  Nice new PFD Alan....   ;)  

· Registered
195 Posts
That is a fatty!  Seems like your keeping up the whole no bass catching thing...i guess thats why your dad fished alone on wednesday! haha

I have to admit, i dont have a lake record though.

Nice gloves btw...rippn lipps!

· Registered
11,981 Posts
state record is 34.7 out of texoma. I think we need to send Brad up there to slay some goobers, I went striper fishing up there with a guide in the fall and we caught about a dozen goo's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.