Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lance Burrow and I put in at Quinlan @ 9am, the parking lot was already full. We proceeded uplake about a couple miles and hauled water for 3 hours. At noon, the switch turned on for me and though there were no lunkers and no PB's, I did boat 7 in the next 60 minutes, all of them 2.5# to 3.5# fighters. Lance sadly didn't have his day and only loaded up on one, about a 2.5'er.

We were both tossing C-rigged Zoom U-tails in watermelon red, tail dipped, with chartreuse/garlic. The only difference was that my leader was 4' to the swivel and his leader was 2', so apparently the extra leader length was the difference maker. All the fish were caught in 6-8 FOW, and a fair distance from the bank.

·
Registered
10,702 Posts
Good to read you're back at it Herb! Always enjoy your posts. Hope that low water ramp is ready at Pace soon. Last time I launched there was iffy even with 4wd. And LA is fixing to be a zoo. If not already.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Doc. I've been fishing a couple times a week the last few weeks but haven't had anything to write up for the Forum, since I don't find "I got skunked" threads to be very informative or interesting.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Good to read you're back at it Herb! Always enjoy your posts. Hope that low water ramp is ready at Pace soon. Last time I launched there was iffy even with 4wd. And LA is fixing to be a zoo. If not already.
Ro,
We haven't met. You provided some tips on Travis for me and my buddies 2 boys I take fishing. I've got the 4wd fixed and his boys are out of school all week. I can go anytime during the week (retired). I've got a 10,000 winch and 2 (30' 30,000lb) straps. My trucks a 2 seater, so when he goes he also brings his f-250 4wd. I've not been out to PB in a week or 2. But thinking there's no launching by the cow trough until their done. I'm sure we could help each other out launching in the sand farther up. My boats no speed demon, with the 4 of us we go about 12mph! So not like I could follow you around. But we could coordinate getting back and loading so no one's stuck without some assistance. He's also talking of maybe camping out there a night or two this week. I had enough of that all over the world in the Army. My idea of camping lately has been in a motel. But, I guess I could tough it out a night or so and sleep in the bed of my truck with my old infaltable army bedroll.

·
Registered
10,702 Posts
Ro,
We haven't met. You provided some tips on Travis for me and my buddies 2 boys I take fishing. I've got the 4wd fixed and his boys are out of school all week. I can go anytime during the week (retired). I've got a 10,000 winch and 2 (30' 30,000lb) straps. My trucks a 2 seater, so when he goes he also brings his f-250 4wd. I've not been out to PB in a week or 2. But thinking there's no launching by the cow trough until their done. I'm sure we could help each other out launching in the sand farther up. My boats no speed demon, with the 4 of us we go about 12mph! So not like I could follow you around. But we could coordinate getting back and loading so no one's stuck without some assistance. He's also talking of maybe camping out there a night or two this week. I had enough of that all over the world in the Army. My idea of camping lately has been in a motel. But, I guess I could tough it out a night or so and sleep in the bed of my truck with my old infaltable army bedroll.
Sounds good Jay. I too have softened with age but still enjoy the occasional tent camping trip, esp. when it is cool. The 6-8 inch thick air mattresses that coleman and others make these days are damn near as comfortable as a real bed, so I sleep well on them. They're great for car camping, but too heavy for backpacking. Ideal for Pace Bend though. Nothing wrong with the back of a pickup though. Many found memories of sleeping back in the bed of a Ford pickup too. We'll have to take advantage of the peaceful LT before all the yahoos get back on the water.

We'll be tent camping at little shell on Padre Island National Seashore this week, otherwise I'd join you at PB. Good luck out there. Look forward to your report.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts