Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lake:  Lake Austin
Date: 26 FEB 2011  3pm-6:30pm
Weather: Warm cloudy overcast afternoon in the low 70's.  Light s/sw wind.  
Water Conditions:  Normal stain.  Temps around 59-61

Wow, I can't say enough how much I love LA.   Weemo catches a SAL then another SAL was caught this morning at the jackpot.  What a fishery!  

I've been a little under the weather but couldn't stand all the great reports of huge fish. I dragged myself to the lake around 3 this afternoon to see if I could get bit.  Pretty much did the same thing as last Monday.  Targeted docks and some retaining walls with a TX-Rigged Senko.  I caught a few dinks, nothing special so I decided to hit one more spot on my way to the ramp.  It was just after dusk and I was getting hungry but I had some pep left to give it a shot.  I'm sure glad I decided to make that last stop because I ended up hooking a 9lb 8oz.  This was a nice finish to the evening and sent me home with a nice grin.  She's not a SAL but I'm happy to take the honorable mention.

Again, what a great fishery.  LA has produced 3 of my personal best bass.  A 10 and a pair of 9's.  Love that place.  Special thanks to T-Dub, Andy, and Booker for taking the photos!    

Good luck to everyone and tight lines!

Here she is.  My 3rd biggest bass, 9lbs 8oz.  Guess it's time to change the siggy and kick off that 8lbr from Choke.

Tried to get a shot of her belly.

The release.  Go forth and give birth to a future hog.

·
Banned
5,460 Posts
Man great fish. LA is the place to be right now. I had a 7.4 this afternoon and I talked to Alan and he had a piggie or two as well.

Maybe Andy will post up the pic.

Think about the fish that lake is kicking out right now...

The SAL yesterday
The 14lb SAL today
Alan, you, me, and several 5 & 6 pound class fish at the ABF jackpot weigh in
And of course the lake record!

For those keeping score at home, LA is second this year in the SAL race only to Ivie. Probably won't stay that way, but still cool to think about.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Nice job Rude, she's a beauty! Looks like a really long fish for being under 10lbs - did you get a length measurement on her?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Nice fish! Congrats!!! Man, LA is producing some awesome fish this year. Good job!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.